Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Value of our VX

Value of our VX

I recently moved to Tampa Fl from Arnold Maryland, after living here for 6 months I decided it was time for a convertible, so I traded my 2000 Ebony VX, last three VIN numbers 301 for a 350Z Roadster, the dealer offered me $6,889.00 for my VX so I agreed. It was a sad date but it was time for a change. Anyway the point of my post is that I was curious as to what the dealer would sell it for, so I went to Autotrader and put in my zip code which is 33647, they are selling my VX for $12,870.00. I was shocked, so maybe the VX is more valuable than what I have read on the internet and in this forum.

By the way my VX had over 83,000 miles I didn't have any problems whatsoever, in fact I recently replaced the back brakes, the dealer said that the front brakes looked as though they were recently replaced.

I am enjoying my Roadster, awesome car, but do miss my VX. I hope it provides me with a trouble free vehicle like my VX.

By the way, I have watched this forum from the first day I bought my VX, it has provided me with alot of tips and information, it is by far the most informative forum out there. I also bought the VX grill off this forum, so if I do happen to see a Ebony VX in Tampa with that particular grill I will know it was mine and I hope I can talk to the new owner about it and how much I enjoyed the vehicle all of these years.

Enjoy your VX like I have for the past 4 years.

That's still a pretty good price they're selling it for... you, on the other hand, got RIPPED!!! I know, it was a trade in and all... but JEEZ! You should have tried to sell it outright first for sure.

For example, I sold my '99 with about 40k miles and a supercharger for $15k. Subtract for SC (not a lot), add a bit for a 2000, subtract a bit for mileage, and you should have been able to get at least what they are asking for it... especially from someone on this board!!

By the way... I don't mean to sound negative. You did what you did to get what you wanted... I've done it before. You also picked a nice car! I love the 350Z!

Dude! You could've sooo easily got at least $11K for your VX! Ouch!

Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black
    Dude! You could've sooo easily got at least $11K for your VX! Ouch!

Joe, you may remember me. I'm the younger of the 2 Bahamian brothers that came to your Rallycross in August to spectate. Since then i have been looking for an affordable VX, and this would have been the one... hehe. I was going to buy the ebony in Longwood, Fl a few weeks ago for 9500 but that sold fast. There was one in Tampa last week for 12800 but that sold also. There are 2 ebonys in Florida for sale now around 12500 each. I really want a proton though, and they seem to be priced higher. I will be spectating at your night rallycross tommorow also. Best of luck.

And to the starter of the thread you should have posted in in the for sale part of this forum... I would have bought it quick. I wonder if I tell this dealer that I know they paid 6900 and I offer them say 9,000 would they bite? Hmmmm

By the way this is my 1st post after almost a year or two of surfing this forum. I really am very interested in this vehicle but don't have much to say till I have my own.

Red face

Kalik,

I like your beer!

I got $12800 for mine. w/50k on it

I looked at a 2000 w/ 36000 proton in Mn. for $14,800 which was cheap O.K shape, bought a 2000 in Omaha for $ 15,200 w/ 46,000. I got hosed on my trade also 95 Grand Cherokee in excellent shape $4500. I've learned my lesson, I'll sell my next car for $1500 over trade in and give someone a heck of a deal!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I-MAN
    I got $12800 for mine. w/50k on it
    And I bought it from the dealership in Chicago for $14,500

Can you say OWNED? Geez. Wow. Damn.

I knowingly got a bit less than I could have trading in my Avenger to get the VX, but nothing nearly like that! At the time I wanted the VX and I wanted it YESTERDAY. LOL! Taking a slight hit was worth avoiding the extra hassle.

Hey Kalik, I remember meeting you both at the rallycross back then too. I was driving the silver VX. Nice meeting ya, and I'll see you again tomorrow! Tomorrow's rallycross should be pretty interesting, eh? Comfortable temps and cloudy with a 30% chance of showers last time I checked. And of course, it will be dark. :-)

got mine for 8300

had no real clue if bad or good deal at the time. paid 8300 cash for one that had traded in at a dealership in nc. they were asking 10500 but he nearly took my arm off when I said 8000 cash then after tax @tag around 8300. all this went down around christmas. so i guess someone else had done the same thing. its a 1999 ebony with 61000. i'm very very very pleased so far.

When I traded in my van for my VehiCROSS I thought I got ripped off because they only gave me $14,000 even tho the chevy dealer only would give $12,000. The next day a friend said that I shouldn't have traded it in because he worked with someone that wanted it so I told him that it was down at the Isuzu dealer if he was serious. He really was and went and bought it the day after for $18,000, so we both got ripped off. We could have both come out $2000 ahead if we'd just known eachother's plans a day earlier and the dealer wouldn't have made $4000 for one day's work if we'd just communicated better! I've heard that most dealers don't even make any money off new car lots... they just sell them to attract used cars and service bay customers.
    Canadian VXer!

Quote Originally Posted by tampavx
    I recently moved to 33647...
    We're neighbors!

Jon

I'll buy any vx for that money!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by mrtew
    When I traded in my van for my VehiCROSS I thought I got ripped off because they only gave me $14,000 even tho the chevy dealer only would give $12,000. The next day a friend said that I shouldn't have traded it in because he worked with someone that wanted it so I told him that it was down at the Isuzu dealer if he was serious. He really was and went and bought it the day after for $18,000, so we both got ripped off. We could have both come out $2000 ahead if we'd just known eachother's plans a day earlier and the dealer wouldn't have made $4000 for one day's work if we'd just communicated better! I've heard that most dealers don't even make any money off new car lots... they just sell them to attract used cars and service bay customers.
    I sold my '90 Trooper to CarMax for $8k some years back. A neighbor that worked at CarMax told me a CarMax employee bought it from CarMax for $12k. I don't feel I got ripped off, though. CarMax just made a typical profit on a used vehicle. Most people aren't aware they typically pay retailers 100%-400% markups on clothing over what merchandise actually cost them wholesale. It's called capitalism.

Boy! After reading that post, I want to punch that dealer in the face for ripping you like that! What an a$$hole!!!!