Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Isuzu Sucks!!!

Angry Isuzu Sucks!!!

Why did Isuzu make the VX and not another company. Sorry I needed to get that off my chest. I posted before about my CAT blowing up and since have been waiting for new parts (3 weeks). I tried St Charles and spoke with Merlin but no luck. Just spoke with Isuzu Owner Relations Department and was told that the part needs to be made and is scheduled for delivery early March. That will be two months. What’s the deal? I'm so F---IN PISSED. I am now waiting to see if there is any way for them to speed up things. Hopefully they can and all this will work out for the better but for now it's been 3 weeks and counting. Don't get me wrong I love my VX and don't ever want to get rid of it but I would love to be able to fix it when needed. Needed to vent thanks.

What about a universal aftermarket Cat?... From Random Technology:
    http://www.randomtechnology.com/

Also MachineVX is running aftermarket Cats (Magnaflow High Flow cats), he might be able to chime in and lets us know where and how...

I wonder if that's how they got their name.....I..su..zuzu. I would have bought this VX even if Yugo made it. (too bad Honda didn't)
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

Cool Yea, what he said and...

I ask, what kind of outfit runs dual cats off the manifolds only to combine the two pipes into one, then run that ONE tube into a CRAPPY restrictive muffler? I mean wouldent it be better to keep it dual all the way back? Or even dual to a dual in dual out muffler or, two onto one LARGE tailpipe or... ANYTHING better than what they ended up with as far as I can see.

Obviosly there are some very smart people at Isuzu working along side with some very stupid people.
    Last edited by SpaceTruck'n : 01/31/2005 at 01:12 PM

Spacetruckn,

The main reason that there is only one exit for the exhaust is money. It's not that the engineers aren't smart, it's that they had to keep the whole VX project within a budget criteria so that it could be released to the market. It's good that they met that budget as we all can own a VX, all vehicles end up with flaws due to budget restrictions.
    "Lead, follow, or get outta my way!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrk
    What about a universal aftermarket Cat?... From Random Technology:
    http://www.randomtechnology.com/

Also MachineVX is running aftermarket Cats (Magnaflow High Flow cats), he might be able to chime in and lets us know where and how...
    That will be my next step but then I will have to pay for it. And I should not have to do so since my warranty is still good and is covering the repair as it stands. Also the dealership will not install aftermarket parts. If any one does have part numbers or links for an aftermarket fix please let me know thanks. I knew I could count on all of you for some good feedback thanks again

Also if anyone has a good exhaust guy in the NY NY area in case I decide to flip the bill myself.

Wink

I personally was looking into the Magnaflo Cats @ their website as I'm definately going to replace from my cat's back with either a dual in dual out Magnaflo muffler or dual Magnaflo mufflers at the bumper with exhaut tips and was curious what the cost would be to replace the cat's as well.

They were reasonably priced IMHO at about $74 a piece and that is for Stainless Steel lifetime guaranteed.

The website also has a Magnaflo dealer finder utilizing your zip code. I was surprised to find out my "old" custom exhaust shop is now a dealer and plan on seeing him next spring/summer.

Going to a Magnaflo supplier/dealer would most likely negate shipping costs too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

The BEST exhaust guy in NY is kOOks, located in Bayshore.

http://www.kookscustomheaders.com/

They do amazing show quality work. Bring money, and lots of it.

John C.

I'm happy with the magnaflow cats. The pipes to the cats are 2", I think, and the appropriate magnaflow cat fits just fine. They are reasonably priced, easily installed, and I did see a small performance gain, as indicated by my accelerometer.

Hey Machine VX thnks for the input. If Isuzu is still telling me I have to wait to march for parts I will most likely go with thoes. If you have a part# that would be great. If not no big deal. Thanks. May be I will end up with a real dual exhaust right now I am running a Borla which I love, maybe soon I will have two. Now the trick is not to think about the $$$.

Can you guys running dual exhaust, or any exhaust other than stock for that matter, post some sound clips? I'm trying to determine what I want to go with, and all I have heard is the PV (which I didn't particularly care for). Any help would be appreciated!
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

I would but as you know my VX is in the shop. I will say this for now; I had the PV2 and waited for it to mellow but after about 4000 miles I gave up it was a bit too loud for long trips and if you did not feel like cranking the radio. Performance gain, well there was a bit but to tell the truth I was reluctant to punch the gas at times because of the noise. Don't get me wrong I have a custom Harley with straight pipes so I like loud just not all the time. The boral has a great deep sound that’s not that loud and performance feels the same. Part# from Borla is 40658. Also you can order from them direct to save time.

Speaking of sucking Isuzu --

Isuzu was working on an all new SUV to compliment their only current offering, the Ascender but in a press release today from the NADA convention, said SUV has been dropped due to cost constraints. Isuzu will bring the North American market a version of the Colorado/Canyon twins (now triplets) called the i-280 and i-350, obviously because one uses the 2.8 liter 4-banger and the other the 3.5 liter I-5 engine, both as seen in the Chevy/GMC. So Isuzu becomes the official truck manufacturer where you could get a Chevy Trailblazer and Colorado (complete with “rare” Isuzu badges) with a better 7-year/75,000 mile powertrain warranty than Chevy could offer. Makes me wonder while Isuzu Motors America is still kicking

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000210029820/

This was ripped from the 4x4wire.com forums:

No Thailand SUV, no surprise. I've seen that thing in person, and it's not suited to the US market: high ground clearance, decent a/d angles, a sweet turbo diesel engine, body-on-frame, skid plates, LSD, and many other 'functional' niceties those who actually USE their 4WDs can appreciate.

Perhaps if it was unibody, had a piggish V8, frequently broke u-joints, lacked underbody protection, came with a sluggish automatic and no LSD, but had fantastic cup holders and a DVD entertainment system, we'd see it in the US.
    Can't say I disagree.

Thanks Soccer Moms everywhere.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Quote Originally Posted by StormTROOPER
    I wonder if that's how they got their name.....I..su..zuzu. I would have bought this VX even if Yugo made it. (too bad Honda didn't)
    Now wait a minute, have you guys forgotten that Honda's first SUVs where Isuzu's. Honda Passport (Rodeo) and Acura SLX (Trooper). Also there are many vehicles that you may associate with other markes but where made by Isuzu. The Chevy Luv pickup in the seventies and Geo Storm for example. Also the DuroMax diesel in the Chevy trucks is an Isuzu engine. The cab over comercial compact deisel trucks that you see running around as everything from tow trucks, cargo delivery, parking lot vaccum/sweepers with the Chevy or GMC badge. They're Isuzu.

I have had two Isuzu vehicles my family has had three others. With the exception of the heavy rubber side modeling that the dealerships installed in the mid eighties on the trooper in Phoenix Arizona, no one in my family has had a complant. Ok I lied, one other... Bring back the Trooper!
    Last edited by JAFO : 02/04/2005 at 11:06 AM