Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official Isuzu window fix!

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987

Official Isuzu window fix! Proof they know about problems

See the ITS 2002 CD. The pics will be pulled from my gallery soon; for the time being. I don't think it's the proper fix anyway.
    Last edited by SGT.BATGUANO : 02/09/2005 at 09:57 PM

How about converting to a pdf and you can upload that to .info. I can also host the CD on my site if you like.

Do it up and I'll host it in the downloads section with links to the appropriate places
    Scott / moncha.com

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Give me till this weekend and I'll try doing both. Lots of "secret" info on the cd, but not a whole lot on the vx. I haven't seen any other copies of this cd since I got this one.

Pretty damning evidence, wouldn't you agree?

Thumbs up

Damn right Sarge.....
    A lot of us with that "no problem" would certainly appreciate seeing this info up on the VehiCROSS.info site.
    Does this follow the old "open mouth...insert foot theory"?
    Keep on trukin'...John

Quote Originally Posted by SGT.BATGUANO
    See my gallery for screenshots from the ITS 2002 CD. I hit my limit of 5 pics, so I'll post the 6th tomorrow.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...hen=&whenterm=
    Ah ha. Hadn't even started on the ITS CDs. Those are for the boys back in service to play with.
    Don Viner
    Sunset Isuzu
    6211 L Street
    Omaha, NE 68117
    O - (402) 733-2227 ext 214
    F - (402) 733-0395
    M - (402) 505-2147
    don@sunsetisuzu.com
    http://www.sunsetmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    How about converting to a pdf and you can upload that to .info. I can also host the CD on my site if you like.
    Just a warning: be careful. Isuzu IEPs, ITS archives, EPCs and the like are all copyrighted, usually by Isuzu as well as a third-party (Automotive Systems, Inc for EPCs for example). If someone decides to ruffle Isuzu corporate's hair with the VX window problem and points them to their own material hosted here or wherever, I'd be willing to bet that someone, somewhere will be receiving a cease and desist letter at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by GoIsuzu
    Just a warning: be careful. Isuzu IEPs, ITS archives, EPCs and the like are all copyrighted, usually by Isuzu as well as a third-party (Automotive Systems, Inc for EPCs for example). If someone decides to ruffle Isuzu corporate's hair with the VX window problem and points them to their own material hosted here or wherever, I'd be willing to bet that someone, somewhere will be receiving a cease and desist letter at the very least.
    If they did that for every little thing posted on the internet, they would be some busy people. As long as it's not for profit, just informational I am sure there will be no issue. IMHO!

Not when it starts costing them money in warranty repair work.

However, I am convinced that this is a problem, and hope that it is distributed and waved in the face of any service manager that says "not my problem"
    2000 Black VX 105k

Hey Don (GoIsuzu), since you are an Isuzu dealer (owner?), and you can offically (legally) have access to this and other copyrighted CD's, maybe you can help out with the issue?

Avoiding legal problems

If you want to post it here, "fair use" for copyright law likely applies.

To comply with this, only post what is relevant (about the window problem)
    and (I kid you not) you must have an Analog step in the copying process. Printing and scanning the document back in would work, as well as taking a photo of the monitor with a digital camera.

I know this sounds really weird, but the Digital Millenium Copyright Act has no "fair use" provision. (That is, digital copying is not allowed, even for fair use).

Fair use laws do apply for anything analog, like photocopying and photography.

Nate

I'm not sure I'd be able to help with something like this. Even though I'm authorized to purchase stuff like the parts catalogs, ITCS software, internal tech bulletins and whatnot I'm bound by the copyright/reproduction restrictions that come with such stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4u
    Hey Don (GoIsuzu), since you are an Isuzu dealer (owner?), and you can offically (legally) have access to this and other copyrighted CD's, maybe you can help out with the issue?

We definately DO NOT want to put anyone in jeopardy. Sarge, can print, scan and put back in to .pdf and actually, I'll take this offline with you for everybody's sake. I've had some cease and disist letters before and hate to do the battle. Let's keep this thread to the minimum and when we get it ready, we'll post what we need and do it correctly.

just a thought...

I thought I'd chime in here and offer this long shot of input. The windows on my 01 VX have not necessarily failed but on just a few occasions have slightly slowed going up, more during colder weather though. I have lubed up the tracks which always does the trick making them move nice and good, just a pain in the a## to have to keep doing that every so often. But, seeing that Isuzu may have known of this original design problem, despite dealers and the like denying its existence, I wonder if Isuzu made this "window channel" correction somewhere after production on any vehicles before releasing them to the public. Probably more so on the 2001's perhaps?

The reason I bring this up is because on my VX, at only 25K, I have noticed on both door panels right near where the door lock knob is, are these small cracks or splits in the plastic forming at that upper edge. As if the window itself was pushing on the door panel causing this very point near the lock knob to slowly split. It just seemed too ironic that both door panels have this same exact crack or split in the same exact location and I can't figure any other reason for it other than pressure from the windows on the panels, perhaps from Isuzu adjusting something inside so they do go up and down correctly.

Anyone else have this or am I crazy?

Does your VX sit in the sun? I don't have the cracks but Moncha is a 2k with 30k on it and the passenger window has had a problem 1 or 2 times.. I keep the window tracks lubed up very well too. Out side of the obvious changes in design, wheels, climate control etc., I don't think there was any kind of structural changes.