Thread: Road Trip/Where's Waldo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Road Trip/Where's Waldo

I'll be playing the part of Waldo,
    Tomorrow, I'm starting my trek across the U.S. (and Canada) on my way from Boston up home to Anchorage. I'm definitely playing it by ear with no real solid plans and staying with friends at colleges along the way. Tomorrow, I head to D.C. to see family and from there I'll be going to Bloomington, IN then to Chicago, then to Madison, WI. From there, it's kinda dead land (I don't know anyone in colleges around Iowa, Nebraska, Dakotas, but I'll probably eventually end up in Boulder, CO....and from there it's up in the air. Sooo, if you happen to see an Ebony VX with Alaska plates driving by give a honk. I'll try and post occasionally and throw any good stories up on the board. This should be fun, hopefully I'll see some of you out there!

-Lionel

If you come through ouisville, KY, give me a cal & we'll try to hook up! (502)905-9444. Have a safe trip - sounds like a lot of driving, but quite an adventure!
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Finally coming back? Well if you have any troubles once you get to Alaska give me a call 440-2528. Have a great trip!

FYI- It took me 36 hours (driving time) I think to get from Denver to Vancouver Canada. Visit Blunt Brothers Cafe while your in Vancouver but watch where you park your car on that street (the one Blunt Bro's is on) it's crazy, it's almost a bluegrass festival! 48 hours from Vancouver to Anchorage. And don't forget gas is pretty spendy on the AK highway. Fill up whenever you see a gas station as you don't know when the next one is. When I drove up I came accross a "town" of gas stations and every single one was closed. I had 1/4 tank at that point and continued on to barely make it to the next one. There are plenty of gas stations until you get on the AK highway.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Thanks for the tips! If I go through Louisville I'll definitely give you a call, R.T. I'm sitting in DC right now. Very uneventful 6 1/2 hours from Beantown...little traffic in NYC but that's it. The weirdest thing I saw was what looked like New York Times headquarters in Jersey. That about sums up the excitement level of the day. Tomorrow off to Indiana U...

Waldo,

How are you posting OTR? Stopping at Starbucks or driving along seeking WIFIs in residential areas??
    Scott

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Are you driving up the ALcan this time of year? I figured that all of the services would be closed.