Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: your call sign?

He couldn't go half the places you can, and your vehicle is much more versatile and much more unique, so don't sweat it. Kinda sounds like he thinks it could have been kinda close without his "new parts". And despite the nastiness, it sounds like he kinda maybe liked it just a little - the sound comment, the fact that he wants to know more about your VX. There's certainly no shame in losing to a WRX, and like you said, he didn't walk you until third. What you said reminds me of a Subie I saw with a tag reading SUVETR. I mean really - for the most part, is that really saying much? If we were way lighter, our trucks would suck and break because of the sacrifices made to get them lighter and faster. Racing only proves you're faster, not that you're better.

A WRX running around racing SUVs?!?! What a joke. Shouldn't he be racing vehicles in his own class? I think the fact that you kept up with him until third says it all. I want a supercharger!!!

I guess I'll chime in on this thread too. It's simple - kpaske is an abreviation of my full name. I never have a problem with it being taken when I sign up for different sites, and well, I've been using it for years. There actually is a bit of a story though... Back in the day, before the Internet, in the days of dial up BBSes, although many people used aliases, there wasn't as great of a need for anonimity. In fact, there was a bit of a movement for some of us to be open about our identities because it created a sense of trust between those who didn't feel the need to hide behind a handle. I guess using the abreviated nickname was my way of revealing a bit of my true identity without exposing myself completely. It actually still provides a good deal of safety - whenever I get an email or snail mail address to "K" or "Mr. Paske", I know it isn't from a company or site I trusted enough to give my full name to!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

When I'm not building web pages or sleeping I go crawling through holes in the ground. Southern AZ has some pretty decent caves. (Leather seats were a big plus 'cause they're easy to clean the mud off of.) VXcaver aka THESHOE has become my sidekick, and everyone around knows me by the big bat on the hood. So anyhow... that's where VXcaver comes from.

Centurions were the "police" of their day in ancient Rome. New Centurions were an nickname one of my police academy instructors had for cops. So when I became one I started using the handle... Plus I couldnt come up with anything better. It used to be my email address but it gets old typing all that in time after time.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    My initials are LW...wink, wink...say no more.

dkmiller = name
    68 = year of high school graduation
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Guess what?
    I'm DUTCH ! and I live in the Netherlands and I'm a guy!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

it is simply my customized license plate name: GOVEHIX
    i guess the name is pretty cool and it fits the forum a lot!
    blue HID head light, custom license plate "GOVEHIX", Pro M mass air flow, black safari light bar from Tone, PIAA 194 fog light intalled, PIAA 550 fog light lamp installed, custom bull bar extention installed, Levoc ultra metal pedal set, Bioharzard sticker at the rear glass, Recaro red cellphone holder and razo steer cover.

Transio was the name of my short-lived transportation software company. I've used the handle for years - on 100+ forums and other online services. It's just something that's easy for me to remember. I've recently had thoughts about reviving the company.

I used to use Cat Splatter when I was younger... it was based upon an idea I had for a video game called Cat Splat. I still own www.catsplat.com

Another handle I'm beginning to use is Essinem. My initials are SM - and I was thinking of making www.essinem.com my homepage a la Eminem. I dunno, what do you guys think?
    Steve

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Transio,
    Bet you would get LOTS of hits from some very interesting people.
    Last edited by Ldub : 05/31/2005 at 06:43 AM

velvet elvis -- the classiest above sofa art
    thankyouthankyouverymuch

Thats funny...the first Tucson VX get togethers destination was the Velvet Elvis. Its a small restraunt in Patagonia, Az. that has great pizza!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I have several call signs. I use Rooster because I'm a cocky SOB...

LOL, J/K!! It came to me one day when I was thinking of a nickname for a 4wd board I'm on. Then I remembered having a 76 CJ-5 that I wanted to blow the motor up (232 6 banger with lousy compression). So I went to a local mud hole and got her good and stuck. Floored it and shot 50ft rooster tails from all 4 corners. Hence the name Rooster. Interestingly enough I'm a member of a club called FRC. Free Ranging Chickens...

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Newthings -- Well, there always are...
    Roy

I've used this handle for about 8 years

mjd= initials
    709= in the late 90's I was a big fanboy of Star Trek Voyager's 7 of 9.