Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: your call sign?

Quote Originally Posted by PHO2GR4
    PHO2GR4 = Photographer.

It's also the license plate on my 350Z Roadster. That way, people will assume there is all sorts of expensive camera gear inside and break into it.

D'OH!!!!
    HHMMmmm! Maybe thats why no one ever breaks into my VX! Liscence plate reads "ZUICIDL"!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Shoota came from my prep hockey days. A few of us were discussing post-goal celebrations and I was getting my balls busted for never doing one. Fast forward to my next score and I pulled out the "Shoota!" from Shooter McGavin in Happy Gilmore and it has stuck. I wore 77 until high school and it's my lucky number.

ISUZUS = ISUZEUS = ZEUS So I named my VX, Zeus - I don't really think I am a god... give me time though, I do live in Utah!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Ascinder was a name that I came across in a dream. It was one of those very prophetic type dreams where some ominous, imposing figure told me that my true name was Ascinder Etherember. Whatever that's supposed to mean , anyways I figured I'd use it on forums and such.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder
    Ascinder was a name that I came across in a dream. It was one of those very prophetic type dreams where some ominous, imposing figure told me that my true name was Ascinder Etherember. Whatever that's supposed to mean , anyways I figured I'd use it on forums and such.
    i used to think u had an Isuzu Acsender and thats why u name ur self that, .

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Mine has to do with my always stylish haircut... that I've had since 1987 when I went from shoulder-length hair to my Marine-inspired horseshoe flat-top. Since this was/is not the typical Air Force haircut, it got/gets attention although less now than it did 15-20 years ago. There are numerous folks in the Air Force that only know me by Fuzzy and have no idea what my first name is... not that I use it anyway, but that's another story. It's always a hoot to go to serious/official conferences/meetings and find a badge waiting for me with "Fuzzy" on it vs. my real name.
    Fuzzy
    2001 Proton #1413
    Kaneohe, HI

Thanks for the name change, Moncha. I am now TexVeX instead of TexVx. I'm an annoying, distressing, perplexity now, heheh. Many would agree to that, too.
    42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My callsign, literally, is N0ZAP... the N because I'm in America, the zero because I'm in ITU zone 0. The ZAP part is just a bunch of letters.

The FCC showed a little humor when they assigned me that one.

My login name is just first initial, last name. Booooring.

Dino is really a nicname. Dean is my real name but everyone calls me Dino.

The BANDIT thing came from Rowhard, He gave me the handle because I "stole" a 2000 VX for $5K.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

It has been great reading through everyone's posts on how they got their nicknames, or why they chose their handle. I don't post very often, but i enjoy what i read on this forum and what all everyone has to say.

I've been using my handle on-line since 1994. It actually comes from a album title and song written by Freddie Mercury, his first solo work, and whom i beleive to be one of the worlds few musical geniuses. The song is about a simple guy that let's everyone indulge in all their fantasies, thus making him a "bad guy". Of course the album/song i am referring to are Mr. Bad Guy. Its not meant to be taken seriously. just a lot of fun.

I read a post here from someone that enjoys Nightwish. within the past 2 years i've discovered Nightwish after a friend said i should try listening to them, and that i might like the group. The music is definitly different, but amazing. Great to see another VXer into Nightwish, too bad Tarja was asked to leave the band. They wont be the same.

I guess you can say music inspires me.
    Last edited by Mr.Badguy : 05/29/2007 at 04:36 PM
    James

Nickname

Mine has sort of two meaning, though they both came from the same inspiration.

I used to be really into combat flight simulators. Was a big hobby, studied combat flight tactics and maneuvering, etc. Did online flight sims, dogfighting and mission based stuff. My wife loved it, as you can imagine. Anyway... I chose the callsign "Boogieman", which was a nickname I had back in college in my rock 'n roll days.

I used Mesa-Boogie guitar amps.

Mine is a fairly simple story too. My name is Tom and my wife is Bren. Since many of you are married you will understand that once the honeydew list reaches a certain length, it SEEMS like everything you do is 4 her. Hence tom4bren.

Only kidding Hon ...

Actually I had to start a personal email account for my wife so I used tom4bren@... It stuck & I use it all the time now. Besides, the only other nickname I've ever had is ******* and I just didn't like using it for myself (I took perverse pride in it until I earned it for the third time - then I realized things had to change).

BTW: that honeydew list is the reason that I haven't changed my CVs yet and the VX hasn't been driven in 2 weeks. I'm getting the shakes from withdrawal though so I'd better get on it this weekend. Maybe I'll even take some photos of the rubber to felt swap on the window tracks too.

Actually now mine is even more fitting.

I sometimes refer to being married as the dark times.While in those dark times I used to stay online as much as possible to stay out of the way of my ex.I originally had a screen name many moons ago "Bombman" referring to my ex Army days...not realizing that that might not be the best choice of names...LOL.

My ex was yelling about something and told me I was and internet fiend.So at that moment I went to every gaming site I was on and every message board and changed my name to FIEND(all caps because I am THE FIEND...lol.

I do have a love for Skulls,Pirates,Death,Hell and decomposer as well as dark and violent music so it does fit....besides when your in a gaming room you want to be tough sounding so had to have a tough sounding name...LOL.

The name has stuck now for about 12 years or thereabouts and I have to say it has grown on me to the point where it is on my hat and some shirts...LOL
    I got your Jeep thing....now it burns when I pee!

http://www.mwior.com/

NFP = No Future Productions
    GasMask cause I collect (used to anyway) gas masks.

Simple enough and I can remember it. Also my CS:Source handle.

Bart