Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: your call sign?

I chose mine because all our vehicles (except for my MR2) are off road vehicles. We have a 75 Toyota Landcruiser, a Diamler Ferret Military scout vehicle, a single buggy offroad racecar, a dirt bike and two ATV's. And of course the VX!

just "VX" (self explanatory) "4" (for) "EJR" my initials.

Man that was tough

well, since everybody else is doing it...here's mine. I only wear shorts, hardly ever shoes, I'm in a visor 99% of the time, I live near the beach, I bleach my hair, I surf, and I think I know everything! I'd rather be sitting in the tropics sucking down a margarita while listing to Jimmy Buffett. Somehow the nickname (cowboy) just doesn't seem to work!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    I dont know Kahuna, lots of cowboys here in Texas would love to be doin just that!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

After like 4 months of looking for a vx, I finally found one. The same night I did a 7 hour round trip to boston to pick up mine, I signed up to this site and in my excitement I accidently filled my full name into the "username" spot.. So I'm now known as Francesco Rizzo

Child's Play

I got mine from "Childs" = Last Name and Play (NO, not the movie with Chucky!). This was the headlines that the newpapers used to use when I played High School Football. My girlfriend also says it fits me, because she says that I'll never grow up, even though my toys keep getting more and more expensive!!! Just bought an 04' SVT Cobra! Man will this thing haul a**!

Wink

okay....here goes nothing...lol...

I bought my white IronMan edt. Vehicross and couldn't help but notice that when the tires and cladding were darkened by tire shine and protectants
    along with the black hood insert and black leather bra that it reminded me of the contrasting white/black colors found on a "Jolly Roger" pirate flag. I also felt people (vandals) would be less likely to mess with my ride if thoughts of death were conveyed by said vehicle...lol. (I also have the grimm reaper tattooed on my side windows.)

I found this site and learned of the affectionate term "VX" for our vehicles and that we are "VX'ers"....so I combined it all and came up with
    "Jolly Roger VX'er"!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

The initials & last name speak for themselves.
    The "30" was my goaltender number when the minor leagues used to pay me the minimum to let countless pucks into the net.
    ________
    SUZUKI DR-Z SERIES HISTORY
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:15 PM

I've always been a bit of a history nut, and I particularly like the old Greek and Roman stuff. I used to visit a website where everyone had names along those lines. No one was using Heraclid, so I did. And the rest is history.

The term refers to one of the Heraclidae, or "sons of Hercules". Originally they were members of the Spartan royalty who claimed direct descent from the mythical hero. Though eventually banished and persecuted, Greek legend had it that one day these descendants of Hercules would return.

As Mycenaean culture waned on the Peloponessian peninsula, that area experienced an influx of tribes from adjacent areas. Interestingly, these outsiders spoke a decidedly insider Greek dialect. This dialect had its origins in the central Greek city of Doris, and so these people came to be called Dorians. The so-called "Doric Invasion" represented a monumental shift in Greek history and ushered in the Iron Age there. Because of their language, many said the Dorians were in fact the returning Heraclidae, and so the terms Heraclid and Dorian are practically interchangeable.

My nick does not refer to any undercarriage protection, or cosmetic enhancements on my VX, as you may have suspected.

I've actually used this handle online since the early 90's, (long before I had the need for any such vehicle augmentation). As yal^ pointed out, anonymity is always a concern on IRC. So when I started hanging out there a lot I decided I needed a good handle, about the same time I heard the Jerky Boys refer to somebody as SkidPlate, and it stuck.

I worked in a snake farm in Wolfenbuettel/Germany as a herpetologist for a short time. Reptiles were my specialty. After coming to the States I got into catching rattlers (I do it by hand and release them, no harm done) and fell in love with them. After a stint to the Colombian Amazon I found out that they called their version of rattlesnake "Cascabel" (literally rattle) and this name stuck.
    From Unimog to VX - a serious change in velocity - a small sacrifice in voracity.

Smile ok i'll play too

FL because i live in Florida and beachgirl because i live at the beach literally and figuratively and the fact that i only had 15min before work to set up my profile name lol

TDAWG i am pretty sure everyone can figure it out. T=Tony and DAWG=Dog.
    I got the name from my brother when I was a kid. He told me that everytime he saw me get into a fight I was like a pitbull locking his jaw on something and not letting go. So the name stuck ever since. 36 yrs later and I'm still the same. Once I get a hold of something I don't let it go.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

pronounced 'bee-juu'

... interesting thread. I like...

Brief background: my name is bill. my father's name is also bill... now continue reading....

The nickname 'biju' was given to me by a group of friends while watching an episode of The Simpsons. In season 4, episode 'Marge vs. The Monorail', Bart declares "dad, you're my hero". Homer replies, "Really son? Do you want to change your name to Homer, Jr? The kids could call you 'Hoju'."

Without hesitation and almost in total synch a few in the group looked towards me and shouted, "Biju!". A nickname was born...

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Ok, here is a geeky one for ya....

I always play videogames, when I am not making them. When I first got into multiplayer games like Quake and UT, I SUCKED. I sucked so bad, that I needed a name for myself ingame that let everyone know that I was an easy target. First, I was ChewToy, then later, I became WormGod. WormGod simply because, worms tend to be associated with corpses, and as much as I died in these games, I would surely have to be the god of them.

Btw, I still suck at multiplayer games, haha.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT