Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: your call sign?

Geeze I don't even remember anymore. I've use it since I can remember for Email addresses, gamer Tags, Xbox Live and the like. I've even got a couple of friends who call me "Uneven" as an everyday nickname. I wanna say I picked it up in Jr. High or something... how sad is it that I'm only 21 and my memory is already going on me Now this is gonna bug me all night.

Quote Originally Posted by UNEVEN THOUGHTS
    Geeze I don't even remember anymore... Now this is gonna bug me all night.
    UNEVEN THOUGHTS can't remeber where the name came from? Now THAT'S funny!!!

O.K. now mine... it's simple really. I'm not a fan of the daytime (even less so of mornings), and never have been. I have NCTRNL vanity plates on both my VehiCROSS & my Ducati. Oh, and it's an Ebont VX too. So now I'm known as nocturnalVX on each and every Isuzu forum.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Hi I get a lot of funny looks and comments about my call sign. Beaver riding tractors were made from 1948 till about 1962. I have been colecting them since the 1980's.I have a club in Yahoo Groups.Stop by and have a look.

Thumbs up HotFlyer

Mine comes from a stint as a pilot flying hot air balloons.

Never thought reading call signs would be entertaining but it's kept me from working for 20 minutes.

Mines rather obvious as I'm in England and own a VX. I'm thinking of changing it though as I think it sounds a bit flag waving which I'm not.

Col

I have been a rock climber going on 17 years now and a "Crag" is a rock area to go climbing. I didn't like the spelling with two G's, so I just use this. When I started using it, I was 34 years old.....gonna be 40 this year.

well my call sign here is HeepOwner be cause I own a Jeep wrangler, but I found this site after meeting a few of you at attica during faters day last year (2004) and met Yal^ at a run that I put on in attica in august for all 4 wheelers of any make or model. But my real call sign is JayChains, I get it from being a Tow truck driver here in St. Louis MO. and my name is Jason so it just fits. I will have run info up soon for the next run to attica in august entitled The Mad Russian's Electric Chain Link Fence Run #3.

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco Rizzo
    I signed up to this site and in my excitement I accidently filled my full name into the "username" spot..
    ^ I can fix that if you want..

Quote Originally Posted by HeepOwner
    well my call sign here is HeepOwner be cause I own a Jeep wrangler, but I found this site after meeting a few of you at attica during faters day last year (2004) and met Yal^ at a run that I put on in attica in august for all 4 wheelers of any make or model.
    ^ I love it when differences are put aside

This is a most excellent thread..

My nickname comes from a very beloved pet named Freckles. When she was way up there in age, she would nibble at your fingers thinking you were gonna give her a treat. While watching the movie "Cave Man" with Shelly Long and Ring Star, the part where the T-Rex was chasing the actors and the actors kept turning around yelling "moncha, moncha!" was on,Freckles was chasing my hand wanting something to eat and I yelled out, "moncha, moncha!" The nickname stuck for Freckles. Since then, dear Freckles has passed on to the great meadow in the sky.

After seeing the VX for the first time, my wife, Laura said the VX's front end looked like a monster, leading me to say "moncha, moncha!"... Well, THAT stuck and since then I've been known as Moncha.

Here's the kicker, later, we found out through some spanish speaking friends, in slang terms around our parts, moncha means little spot or freckle... Go figure!

Now you all know my deepest secret!
    Scott / moncha.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrk
    My last name is Sirkin and there is are these series of Polish paintings that have the name Cyrk on them, My family had one of the paintings when I was growing up and the name stuck cause people already called me sirk, but I liked the way Cyrk was written better. I think Cyrk is for circus in those paintings?

yup, it stands for circus. I was wandering if you knew
    Last edited by yal^ : 02/16/2005 at 11:36 AM
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com

WEkilled

Took mine from my last name "Wekell," changed "e" to a "i" and added my first initial (d.) Cheesy but it works.
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Mancha?

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha

Here's the kicker, later, we found out through some spanish speaking friends, in slang terms around our parts, moncha means little spot or freckle... Go figure!

Now you all know my deepest secret!
    Hello Scott,

I was wondering when you were going to chime in. I have been wondering what MONCHA meant. Nice story.

In spanish MANCHA means spot or stain. Pecas means freckles. You don't want to refer freckles as mancha (spot or stain on a persons physical features) because it is very rude.

Funny how moderator and MONCHA fit. Just like the T-rex the moderator can enforce discipline when needed. MONCHA! MONCHA!

Cheers,
    Assimilate this .........

Well............

Big = me (unfortunately not tall)

Joe = me

I got mine from one of my favorite movies that was also a popular tv series when I was growing up in the 80's. JAFO is from the movie Blue Thunder. But if you want to know what it means your going to have to watch the movie.

Mine's pretty tough to figure out:
    Raque = first name
    Thomas = last name

with an unusual name, I never run up against the problem of not being able to use my name, so it's never occured to me to use something else. I guess the only other thing I've been called (that's repeatable here!!) is Rocko.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO

I got mine from one of my favorite movies that was also a popular tv series when I was growing up in the 80's. JAFO is from the movie Blue Thunder. But if you want to know what it means your going to have to watch the movie.
    I know! I know! "Just Another Freakie Observer!" Okay...so that's the censored network version....subsitute the "f" bomb for Freakie and by george I think we got a winner!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?