Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: your call sign?

One picture is worth a thousand words...

Yes, it sits in my garage, except when the weather is perfect.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

One picture is worth a thousand words...

Yes, it sits in my closet, except when the weather is perfect.

Smile

Serge.....You are a riot.....LOL.
    A well worn pair of klompen, what every self respecting dutchman should have.
    John

Simply...

Flyingarmy.....my profession, my passion & my life!

Talking

Vasha13

Okay - it was 5-6 years ago and I was trying to chat online for the first time. Every user id I could think of was taken. The movie on TV was Kull the Conqueror and the villainess in that movie is Akevasha (sp?). Well, obviously, I didn't know for sure how to spell Akevasha so I just used Vasha. At first it was just Vasha until I signed up for stuff, couldn't remember my password and had to start using the number series behind it. No, I didn't forget 13 times - after about 3, I jumped line and just made sure I used the same password all the time.

Mine's based on my last name - St. Marie. I've been called "saint" by my buddies for as long as I can remember. Besides, I never do anything wrong so saint fits me.

OK, I made that last part up.

- s a i n t -

Kull the Conqueror and the villainess in that movie is Akevasha (sp?)

Wow! I think it's Akivasha. My wife and I were just getting serious at about that time. This will make us sound like real geeks, but we more or less met because of a website about Hercules: The Legendary Journeys, starring Kevin Sorbo, who also starred in the Kull movie and does Andromeda now. Amanda was actually in NYC when they had the Kull premiere there, but she wasn't there for that and did not attend. That movie has such a kick-arse beginning. First thing you see is a bunch of fire and a big melee. I like sword movies that get right to the point. :-)

I don't know if you know who Kevin Smith was, but we met him in Orlando, helped keep the stalker types at bay, hung out, had sushi, talked about rugby and stuff. A real class act all the way. I'm glad I got to know him before he passed, which was right about now a couple of years ago. :-(

Well I can't remember where I got mine from.

But as for a real nickname everyone calls me Jesus since well......

I guess I kinda look like him.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Ah, so you're the guy with the Alaskan NASA VX. Some lil' punk with a Subie was bragging about dusting you in a race. Regardless of whether or not it's a fair fight, I'm wondering if you were even trying to or he just thought so. I get so many people who want to race just because of the way the VX looks (and sounds with the PV2). And of course when I hit the gas the sound must make them think I'm punching it more than I am, so they think I tried and lost miserably. The VX just brings out the jerk in a lot of the folks we share the roads with. They just have to get ahead of us. Which tells me I already won because they feel inadequate. As well they should. :-)

HUH? Who in Florida could have raced me? I have raced a few/lot of WRX's and I loose but it is still fun! They don't really take off 'till 3rd gear. There was one that I beat but I didn't understand it. I raced him from light to light twice and beat him then he followed me to the highway and we did pulls from all over the place 30,45,60 and I beat him every time, he must not have been able to drive a stick or something? And YES he was racing me.

The WRX's always give me a thumbs up since they have no idea my SUV can get up and move that quick. On our Alaska strip there are not too many fast cars at all (anymore cops took it over) and the WRX's pretty much took anything 2 years back, but after I got the SCer I started giving them a descent run.

When did he say this happened? I haven't really raced anyone for a year now, except at the track.

College buddies plus the movie "Reservoir Dogs". We just started nicknaming each other "Mr." this and "Mr." that. You have to see the movie to really get it.

Misterdallas

You didn't want to be Mr. Pink? :bgwp:

Actually, I was Mr. Purple once.

HUH? Who in Florida could have raced me?

Actually he is in Alaska - I read it on another online forum similar to this one, with a bunch of AK Subie folks chatting. I was just scanning posts for references to VX's just for the heck of it and came across it. I didn't catch all the details, but I remember several references to a military base in the area in his posts, and I think a few of those folks must live/work there. I don't want to start a thing between the two forums or something, though. I don't particularly care for their cars aesthetically any more than some Subaru enthusiasts apparently do for our VX's, but ya have to admit that's a pretty cool little car anyway. I've grown to like them more from seeing them at all the rallycrosses (and I think they have some respect for the VX's too, especially when we beat some of 'em).

I have raced a few/lot of WRX's and I loose but it is still fun! They don't really take off 'till 3rd gear. There was one that I beat but I didn't understand it. I raced him from light to light twice and beat him then he followed me to the highway and we did pulls from all over the place 30,45,60 and I beat him every time, he must not have been able to drive a stick or something? And YES he was racing me.

Cool! He'll tell some of his Subie friends you beat his WRX, they'll be dumbfounded, and it may help add to the VX mystique. :-)

The WRX's always give me a thumbs up since they have no idea my SUV can get up and move that quick. On our Alaska strip there are not too many fast cars at all (anymore cops took it over) and the WRX's pretty much took anything 2 years back, but after I got the SCer I started giving them a descent run.

Yeah, these guys talk about a "strip" as well...

When did he say this happened? I haven't really raced anyone for a year now, except at the track.

Now you're gonna make me have to go back and try to find it... LOL...

Ok, got it... date is 5/14/04... but I read the whole thing this time and I'm more annoyed this time. I had missed some of the comments before because I only turned up posts with the word "Vehicross" in them. Keep your cool... opinions are like a******s... everyone has one.

i owned tonite.... first kill and second kill....2 cars in a row....first one was a Isuzu VEHICROSS or watever...with NASA on the back..tribal i think u know.... I smoked him.....walked him bad in 3rd..... he couldnt get enough....and a Sierra C3 with 20s wanted some too....he jumped right with me from a stop....he powerbraked his ****....but i got him at the top of second and through 3rd gear i pulled. vehicross was just dust to us....he was way behind.... and he still wanted to run.....anyone have any info onthis white VehiCross with NASA on the back? tribal told me that it has an S/C. and it sounded like it too.... also, the C3 had exhaust and hypertech programming....pretty impressive for an all motor truck with AWD, and his wife looked like she enjoyed the street racing

hope my clutch is ok....slipped a little too much the first race and it slipped even in 2nd when i shifted...

What the **** is a Vehicross?

one of these uber fugly ****s (w/picture)

Mother of God...

yeah....exactly what i said when he was tailin me tryin to instigate the race...even when i was busy with teh C3....i killed that Vehicross without even trying.... my new parts made a big difference

Every time i see one of those I laugh. What would posess someone to buy one of those?

That's the only one I've seen in town with the NASA sticker on the back. Not only to buy one, but to even put a S/C in it lol. I wonder how many HP it's pushing?

<laughing smilie>

[in response to Every time i see one of those I laugh. What would posess someone to buy one of those?]

Or Element, or Aztec, etc, etc, etc...

GRRRRRRRRRRRR....

Ohhhh he killed an SUV with over 1000 more lbs, and oversize mud tires on oooooooooo impressive, glad he bragged about it! Just goes to show I was right with him till third.