Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Florida Georgia Get together

A friend's water supply broke at after 7pm Sat. and he called me as his go to guy. Fixed it but it took a while and overslept.

Jonathan

Hey Dave and Jonnie,

Sorry 'bout that Jonnie - I was hoping nothing too serious like that or worse like a car accident or something had happened to anybody.

Yeah, I'm disappointed too but it's over and done with so no use regretting it now. We were supposed to all meet at Jake's at 10:00 but only Apostle and I were there and we never pulled into Juniper Springs. We waited at Jake's in case anyone got screwed up with the time change, but I did e-mail or PM everyone a reminder because I was afraid of that happening. Anyway, we stood outside and chatted with Apostle until a little after 11:00, then got a bite to eat. Jake's was packed by that time so we headed up the road a bit to a barbeque place, then Apostle left (I'm surprised you two didn't run into each other, as he was going back to Orlando) but I went by Jake's one last time just in case. It would have still been a bit early to have run into you, though. At that time I did actually go up the other way just on a whim and doubled back when I reached Silver Springs and headed home from there. We probably came very close to crossing paths then since you would have come in from that way. I was hoping we'd pass each other somewhere because I was so sure that you would definitely be there.

Dave, sorry that Mapquest messed you up. I forgot how hit-and-miss they can be. I understand because the first time I ever went down to Joe Black's place, -x- and I ended up dead-ending in the middle of an orange grove because of the Mapquest directions then. A word of advice to everyone - DO NOT rely solely upon that website! But... this also could have all been okay if I hadn't made a mistake of my own. I had a lot of information with me, but I realized too late that even though I wrote down your cell number from an earlier post, I didn't have your cell number with me or we could have worked through the other issues. I'm glad you made lemonade out of lemons and went out and had a good time anyway. I'd love to see pics and we'll have to try it again some time. I can't complain - I got to meet Apostle and the drive was scenic.