Thread: Florida Georgia Get together

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If it ends up being on a day that I can make it, I'm in!

James
    Arachnid J
    Titusville,FL
    '01 Ironman VX

What up yall,
    Any Sunday is great for me. I'm in orlando, let me know where & when. Ocala National Forest is always an adventure. The less pavement the better!
    let me know.
    Dave
    forcefactorviii@yahoo.com
    00' PROTON
    Last edited by Dirty Dave : 02/24/2005 at 04:29 PM

hey, I'm likeing the march 6th date.. looking into which park, but it seems flbeachgirl is getting all the e-mails maybe she can finalise arrangements. I'll gring some burgers, who likes yeinglin?

Talking

ok so im gonna make it official..... march 6th...... now i just need people to respond about whether or not they can make it...so start letting me know.

we were thinking a bbq in one of the springs, i dont know much about the ocala national forest if there is a place to bbq there that someone knows of let me know.....

i will send out group emails with info about date time place etc.....if you want you email on the list just email me at afspiglet04@aol.com and i iwill add you

thanks
    look forward to seeing everyone soon

amber

There's the park at Juniper Springs which has a big area with grills, pavillions and such. Joe had the June 2003 VX meet there and much mud was to be had, as -X- and Heraclid can vouch for. There's even an "official" DVD from the meet! Mud not included. LOL!

Here's the photos: 2003 Ocala VX Meet

Blue Springs (Volusia County) might be a good choice too, but there's not much in the way of off-roading. The spring is nice though and open to divers if any in the group were interested. You can make about 110 feet down into the main spring.

Just a couple ideas!

Thumbs up

juniper springs sounds good to me!

so right now it sounds like march 6th at juniper springs..... now we just need a time.....lets hear from someone who has to drive the farthest for a time idea would'nt want them to have to get up insanely early

amber

It's roughly 2 hours for me, so not too bad. I'm sure the park folks will love to see us come back. One of 'em yelled at me for speeding on the campsite loop. Why? Just because he was driving his golf cart in the middle of the road around a corner and he about crapped himself when he saw me coming. I wasn't speeding and I guess he just had to yell about it. :-)

The mudholes there when we were there were more like waterholes. LOL! I'd advise against it, but it is fun at the time. I'll play in the sand there but won't do that again. The cleanup is a bear (your engine bay will never look the same again). I have traces of Ocala riding with me to this day. And you may lose your alternator and get stuck in an interesting part of town or something. Just a friendly warning. :-)