Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Atlanta/Tennessee VX Meet April 19th

still smiling....

wow- what a blast...
    I feel very fortunate to have been able to spend time with such a fine caliber of people- a most impressive, intelligent and diverse crowd. Those VX's sure know how to pick their peoples!

dyanni- yes you were there in spirit. If it weren't for your pictures & suggestions for sites I might have been responsible for delivery of carlymac's last will & testiment. I think we defined 'negative visibilty' uopn our arrival. Thanks for the legwork.

carlymac- your hospitality was second to none. All of your small touches helped to make the trip the success that it was. Maybe next time we'll use an atlas instead of WrongQuest, LostQuest or whatever it was? Thanks again.

To everyone else- thanks for showing this newbie such a great time! I am now smiling bigger than ever when looking at my VX. That is, except for trying to figure out how to pay for all of the mods in my future! One can never have too many friends in this short life and I feel as though I have gained some new ones.

I will PM my address for contributions to the Atlanta/TN DVD. Off to buy more drive space tomorrow! Some great shots of the VX train through the mountains courtesy of johnyapollo's sunroof.

gruven

Well, much has been said ( wow carlymac! I didn’t realized there’s a poet in you) and pictures were posted for what is defiantly going to be a great memory for both Rachel and myself (luckily, there were no “new additions” to the family along the way…). I didn’t imagine that camping with a bunch of strangers could turn out to be so much fun! It was well worth the 10+ hours of driving each way which we shared with Joe Black and Kathy. carlymac and gruven, oh man! You certainly set the bar for the future meets! dyanny, thanks so much for your leg work. I sure hope to meet you on the next meet. Thank you all for your company and contributions to make this meet such a successful one. This could not have taken place without this web site, so I think a special thanks is also in place for the supporters and administrator.
    C U all soon! (End of June, Ocala, Fl ??)

AKA: VXtreme & Co.

Suzanne and I had a great time in North Ga. As you all can see from the pictures, the meet was a wonderful success. Carlymac did a great job with the site prep. Grooven, GREAT salmon, and chutney. Soory we missed the shrimp on Sat night. Needless to say, we were on top of the world(though you could not see much of it).
    It was a real treat to meet people who are brought together simply because we find unique things attractive(VX's). It was interesting to me that people from such diverse backgrounds, professions and lifestyles, can so much in common.

It was fun to watch the other campers drive by with that oh so familiar ;eekp; look on there faces. I even caught a couple of them coming back for a ;eekp; ;eekp; .
    Suzanne and I hope we can stay in touch in the future to our new found friends. You are all invited to Pa. in the future as well.

Stay well, and happy trails

VXing....VXtreme