Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Atlanta/Tennessee VX Meet April 19th

Thumbs up Atlanta/Tennessee VX Meet April 19th

I just posted some information on a proposed meet for next month on the other board:

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/004041.html

Please take a look at the thread and respond with your ideas and whether it looks like it can happen for that date and place.

-- John

>>> Link to Photo Album ...WSG
    Last edited by Moncha : 04/21/2003 at 08:56 AM
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Thumbs up

That sounds like a great idea to me John. I'm pretty sure I won't have any problem making that. Maybe this time we will actually go riding around or something, unlike Fla. We were under previous obligation then or we would have stayed longer. Whatever plans you come up with will be fine with me. Just let us know what we need to do or bring.
    Shawn
    vxer for life

Talking hillbilly

Awesome!

Remind me to tell you about my lil' cabin outside Ellijay sometime. 25-miles from the Teneessee, NC, Ga border. And a short haul to a rough ridin' Forest Service road to the beginnning of the Appalachian Trail.

Thumbs up

We'll be checkin' the proverbial calendars come Monday to see if we can make this as hoped. Any Floridians wanna convoy up, maybe Friday afternoon? Scott, we'll give ya plenty of lead time!;pg;
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

I added this to the event calendar for you...

I fixed your problem Skullcap
    Scott / moncha.com

Rabun Gap, in Rabun County is in the extreme NorthEast corner of GA. Over 70 percent of the county is either National or State forest - so lots of great forest roads. RC happens to be the wetest spot in GA - so there is abundant creeks, streams, rivers, and lakes - and even a gorge to descend. Population of the entire county is around 20,000. More info coming ...

Thumbs up

Count me in from Nashville. Maybe some of us could camp out? beats driving from a motel to the park for the meet... Ideas?
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

We're definitely in as well, so chime in any Floridians wanting to convoy up. We'll probably leave around mid-day Friday and shoot up I-75 to Atlanta. Carlymac, if you can find some info on camping in the area please share!

Cool

There are plenty of state parks in the Rabun County area, along with some good home-cookin' eateries nearby.

You could start with this one: http://gastateparks.org/info/blackrock/

I've a cabin about 1.5 hours east of Rabun Gap, but will probably just make the 2-hour trek from Atlanta.

Lemme know if there's a caravan heading up from the city.

Black Rock Mountain state park entrance is about a mile below my house ( it's a nice drive to the top ) - they have clean campsites - and rental cabins as well. Tallulah Gorge State Park also has ample space for camping and travel trailers. I am compiling the list and will post soon. Very close by are Howard Johnsons, Holiday Inn, Shoneys INN, Comfort Suites - the usual mix, along with some local flavor places to stay as well. If enough people are interested in staying over into Sunday - then concentrating on a single hotel might yield a discount. Campsites are extremely popular in the Spring and Summer up here. I'll try to pick up the PR from the Chamber of Commerce this afternoon and post as soon as I can - along with some pics of local sites of interest - some off-road trail pics for you to think about - and restaurants.

For places to eat - what are you guy interested in ? I will post restaurant info soon too.

I will be on spring break the week before the meet and can come up early to help with the "set up" if necessary. I am very interested in camping if there's a campground in/near the area of the meet. Hell, we could have a base camp/ hospitality site for the meet. If others are interested in the camping approach chime in so we can get back to back sites. I think Joe_Black seemed interested in the camping idea. Anyhow lets get some input so we know if there are more interested in the one day only meet, a hotel based meet or a base camp... dyanni thank you for volunteering to research places to stay/eat/camp. Please advise us of your findings....out for now carlymac

Thumbs up

We're definitely coming up late Friday straight to Rabun and will either camp or cabin, and stay through Sunday. If there's a nice site with nice facilities (all I care about is hot water showers!) then we'll tent it. We think it'd be great to do the VX camp idea. Nothing's much more social than the old campfire roundup after a great day bustin' trails!

Talking

dyanni or johnnyapollo, what is the name of the campground, state park, or national forest we are to have the meet at? It's been mentioned that camping is popular in the area so I need to make reservations asap. It seems there will be at least myself and Joe_Black camping, so any info would be helpful...thanks

I will be picking up info on the sites and availability for the week before and the week of the meet on my way home tonight. Look for info posts to start tomorrow!

Thumbs up

dyanni, you da man!!!