Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Atlanta/Tennessee VX Meet April 19th

carlmac. You need to clean your private messages so I can send you another one. Just wanted to say thanks for the info on the roof racks. I'm waiting for the guy to email me back. We'll still be there friday afternoon. And yes, I got the ( come on back ). Very proper CB talk. I'm proud of you. I'm waiting for my tailgate popper to come in. Looks like we are going to have a popper party. See everone there.
    Shawn
    vxer for life

Talking Cleaned inbox and a Grille idea

Thanks forgetful, I didn't realize I had filled the inbox up. Anyhow she's cleared out now. send away
    I've been toying with some grille billeting. I've installed it on mine and...I likey!!! I don't know how to post a pic but I'll try to find a similar pic. It looks alot like the VX-2 and VX-4 Grille. And I remember someone on here or vmag doing somthing very similar. Anywho, when I find a pic or link or something I'll post. The beauty is this mod is inexpensive($15-$20). I have two extra grille sets already cut out. And if there's an intrest I can make more and bring them to the meet... I know...PICS. I'm working on it, and will post as soon as I find something. See Ya' at the Gap...carlymac
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

Lightbulb I found the grille pic

O.k., after a search I located the pic of the grille mod. I hope I'm not violating any copywrite laws. But the material I've found looks a lot like the grille in this pic.

http:www.wtv-zone.com/markg/imgs/532.jpg

If your interested in my version I can make some and bring them to the meet. I'm not tring to go into the mods business. Heck, I wish I had the insight of Ron, Tone and other visionaries in this family, but I don't. Just toying around and thought I would share my find.

I like the looks of it carlymac. I want one. I'll take it and paint it proton to match. Diffinitly bring me one. can't wait for the gap. I'm going to work now so I won't be around for about a week so I'll see what's new when I get back.Take care.

1999 Astral Silver Vehicross 1305, Sold to Dieselburn

Just got back from Black Rock Mtn. Park

All,

I took my wife and daughter for a ride today.....we decided to take our Trooper up to Black Rock Mountain State Park and check it out befoer our meet there.

Well......let me tell you...........it turned cold today and when we arrived we found snow on the mountain!!! I've been through Mountain City a hundred times and never knew this park was even there. Great views from the summit.

I tried to make cottage reservations for the weekend of April 17th, but every one is booked. So, I guess I will just come up for the day on Saturday. It's only about a 75 mile drive for me from Buford.

I looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Coop

'02 Isuzu Trooper 4WD
    '01 Pontiac Aztek AWD
    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport

forgetful, got you down for one. Be careful on the road, and will talk to you when you return home.
    Coop, Hell you say...SNOW!! Well, we've got 3 more weeks until the meet. I think the weather will break before then. As for your cabin, sorry to hear they were all booked up. Your still welcome in the campsite if you wish. If not, Glad to here you'll still come down for the day. See ya' at the GAP!

Lightbulb Mods at the Rabun Gap meet

I have just conferred with MonchaVX about the factory foglight and rear hatch release switches. I now have the switch diagram so if any of you have the switches bring them along for the install. Tones popper comes with a small yellow release button that I have mounted in the corner of the glove box frame on mine. So If you want the factory release switch they can be purchased through St.Charles Isuzu for $41.67. I think that's kinda big $$$ but to each his/her own. If you don't want the switch you don't need it, the button Tone provides works fine.
    So far we plan on installing: poppers, Flashing high stop light modulators, front side marker turn signals and maybe a trailer light pig-tail. I also have the billet grille inserts if anybody is interested. $15.00 per set. But please post, PM, or email me if you want the grille inserts so I can produce enough to go around. I have compiled a notebook with instructions for most of the mods explained on the forums. See Ya' at the Gap....carlymac

T-minus...18 days and counting!

Just to keep up the geek-appearance, I'll bring my laptop along with a CD/Vid Tone gave me from last year's Moab meet. I also have the 2000 VX shop -manual on CD. It loads nicely on my laptop.
    I've got the popper, brake light flasher, and side marker mods to do.

Oh! And I found two red Hotwheels VXs at the WalMart in Frankfort, KY. I thought they were out of production, but appears there is some backstock. Still looking for a black VX to adorn my fuzzy box.

Hey Carl,

I may be interested in a billet grill, depending on its appearance. Can you send me a pic?

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Unhappy The grille pic

Well thats the hard part. I'm a moron when it comes to pics and the computer. I'll get my hands on a digital cam and try to send you somthing via email. but the grille inserts look amazingly like this http:www.wtv-zone.com/markg/imgs/532.jpg
    Hope this helps until I can figure out posting pics. I also have 4-5 inserts made now and should have a few extras at the meet. I already have a set installed on my VX and I like the look alot.

Thumbs up numbers so far

O.K. gang,
    According to my figuring,heres the low down on the people and Vxes slated to attend the meet so far:

johnnyapollo and his proton, camping
    dyanni and his ebony,
    Coop & co. and his astral,
    forgetful & co. and his proton, camping
    skullcap & co. and his ebony, camping
    Joe_Black & co. and his dragon, camping
    Lori & K-9 and her fox fire, camping
    Gruven and his dragon, camping
    VXtreme & co. and his proton,
    carlymac and his ironman, camping
    Your name here???

That's 10 VehiCROSSes and their people so far........and there are still 16 days left until the meet!!!

If I've frogotten anyone or if your waiting till the meet is a little closer...Don't be shy....Post Away....let the group know your support of this little truck we all love.
    See Ya' at the Gap...carlymac

stuck

There has been lots of rain in Rabun County over the past few weeks - and that has enhanced the greenery - and made wretched the offroad dirt trails. I took a trip out to one of the "easy" ones identified to me by the National Forest Service and got stuck yesterday. How is this possible with such a small mud puddle .... ( newbie with mud ) I was heartily disappointed at the stock tire performance in mud.

This link with take you to a video by end of day 4/8/2003
    Easy trail - too much MUD ( CLICK )

I think - since rain is forecast for most of this week - that those interested in some light offroad should stick to the gravel kind. There is a nice 4WD-only trail that leads from the Tallulah Gorge State Park through some nice countryside - less than 4 miles or so - with a really good/steep incline down to Lake Tugalo on the Georgia side. I think that would be a really pretty place to get some VX lineup shots by the lake. That spot can also be hiked on foot from the TGSP visitors center if you're interested ( about 5 miles ) I've even seen guys pitch a tent down by the lake there.

Another option - I dont have a photo yet - but will test that route out next weekend, is a quick drive up to Sky Valley ( Ga's only ski resort ) - about 5 minutes from Black Rock - then get off on a 4WD only trail that terminates near the top of Rabun Bald mountain. Its only a short hike up from there to the top of Georgias second tallest mountian at 4696 ft. This trail is just under 3 miles and is considered a strenuous hike.
    Images to come

Talking

That's not mud, THAT'S CLAY! LOL! Yeah, that stuff will load up most treads and make for slippery going. Makes me wonder if I should get some 16" wheels for my Mud Terrains left over from my RS. Hmmm... If only there was enough room in the VX!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Talking dyanni my new hero

You got to say somthing for a person who takes the bull by the horns!! dyanni ain't skeered...as the say in east TN.
    yep, clay is a WHOLE diffrent ballgame than our western counterparts deal with. I've found putting snow chains on then airing down works pretty well in clay mud. Kitty litter (to stiffen the mud) also works. Or if all else fails a good old fashion tow strap hooked to your buddies VX will do the trick. But sometimes Ya gotta hit it runnin!! and blast yourself through the hole.
    I still have the stock tires with 37K on them so it wouldn't take as much to load my tread. But I'm game for whatever the masses want to do.
    I have spoken to gruven and we are going down on thursday the 17th to set up camp. He is going to bring some para wings or something to set up for cover. He said he would post when he had all the particulars.
    Thanks again for the recon. dyanni....You Da' Man!!
    T-minus, 11 days

weather

Here's a link with the area forecast. They have a 10 day outlook & RADAR if you page down...

Weather

Some more park info.... Looks beautiful!
    http://gastateparks.org/info/blackrock/

More soon...

gruven