Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Generating a crowd...

Question Generating a crowd...

So I walk out of the Skate park tonight to find about 8 people walking in cricles around my VX... these things happen as you all know. I get closer, hit the remote and then it all starts, "what is it", "how much", blah blah blah. I told them I wasn't telling so they proceded to guess. 2006 GEO TRACKER!!! was the first thing to come off some guy lips... needless to say I was horrified at the remark and quickly denied it having anything to do with GEO. Then came the usual Land Rover, Jeep, BMW, Mercedes, and so on. I still can't get over the GEO remark though... wow it pissed me off, has anybody else been hit with that one? Or maybe something else that just bothered the crap outta you?

I tell people it`s the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept.
    "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -HST

*ROTFLMAO* at the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept reply

AREA 51 Alien Test Vehicle..... SHHHH super secret. Forget you saw it...LOL
    John

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    I had an older (70+) lady at a garage sale come up to me and tell me in no uncertain terms, "that is the UGLIEST car I've ever seen!"...I thanked her kindly & went on my way.There have been countless other encounters with the general "normal car" public & usually, they are more positive.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    I've had that ugly car comment twice -and I've only had it for a month.

I told them both (yuppies) that the ugliness was caused by their own reflections in the glass, and they should move directly in front of the vehicle for a better look.

"Kit Car"....
    &
    Had a note on my windshield once that said "I hope you didn't much pay for for this"
    ________
    LAMBORGHINI ESTOQUE SPECIFICATIONS
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:15 PM

I have yet to be told it is ugly after about two years. I've been told it looks like a catfish, but the same guy said it's good-looking, so for him that's a good thing I guess. I got the shoe remark once, but detected no malice and that comment never has bothered me anyway. And everything else has been very positive. Personally I don't think most people who think it is ugly will bother to tell you so. But jealous people who have an inferiority complex and want to knock you down a peg or two probably will. Just something to keep in mind. You should learn to consider those kinds of comments to be great compliments. They know it's cool and they can't stand you for it. They want to piss you off and spread their misery around. I mean really- take this thing with the notes on the windshields. Who needs to get a life so much that they actually bother to do something like that? Don't give 'em what they want. Smile and walk away. They'll be fuming. I'd love to hear it some time. That would make my day.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    When I came over from the WRX community I got a lot of flack for getting a VX. Same deal, it's ugly, etc.

I had to remind them that the WRX was not too well received in the styling circles either, and it's the inner mechanical beauty that's really important.

Is that the new Toyota RAV 4? NO its not !!!!! Thats all ya gotta say to piss me off. Then I tell them when and if you ever see a vehicle like this again take another guess!! Gotta go drive my RAV 4 now bye!

Just a few minutes ago,a man at the gas station driving an 05 Hyundai Santa Fe asked me what I was driving.I told him it was Next year`s Santa Fe.Boy,was he pissed he didn`t wait a year!

Alot of people call the Hummer UGLY, so we are in good company. As I like to say I would much prefer ugly than "cute", in other word me loves it's rugged beast looks, so if someone calls it ugly take it as a compliment. Just last week it was drizziling rain and I stopped in a Arco to add some air to one of my tires, a man approached me and started talking about the VX and how rare and sharp it is, we talked for about 5 minutes while he was also doing an auto show walk around. I had an umbrella and he didn't so I guess he liked it so much he didn't mind getting wet, some of us get it and some don't.
    Last edited by StormTROOPER : 02/26/2005 at 01:21 PM
    It's the love child of a Hummer & SLK, uniquely rugged & SLeeK

The people that have told me my car is ugly drive Saturns and a Hyundai sedan of some sort. At least I can tell mine apart from the other ten million cars that look alike!

I don't get crowds around my car, probably because I've left all the labellings on it that people can read for themselves.

Of course I'm really not starved for attention either, and find it annoying when people get around my possessions uninvited. Step off!
    2000 Black VX 105k

Quote Originally Posted by Thickness
    I tell people it`s the 07 Pontiac Aztec concept.
    One of my Jeep friends would make it a point to razz me by asking, "what is that, the Pontiac Asstec wannabee?" Well, I know he is just kidding and he likes it but whenever he tries to give ME crap, I point out that I'M not the one that got high-centered on a curb trying to cut into a parking lot! lol I mean, come on, he still had two tires on the street! lol Anyway, I have had the ugly comments AND the compliments... my favorite was in a small town in Illinois outside of St. Louis... I stopped for gas, left it at the pump when paying and going into the McDonalds that was in the gas station... well, while in line, one of the managers comes walking in with a stupid smirk on his face, grabs one of his crew members and says, "look out there at pump 9, that is the UGLIEST thing I've ever seen"... well, he got my look and then watched as I walked out and climbed into it with a big smile on my face... I don't care what anyone says (bad or good)... I eat it up! lol

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
    Click Image to Visit My Website!
    My Webshots Gallery...