View Poll Results: Which trail would you like to run?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells Revenge (tip toe) - rated 3+

14 56.00%
  • Shafers - rated 2.5

11 44.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Moab VX only run Trail Selection

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    I'll go wherever someone points me.

Within reason...
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Moan MOAB

If you are not carefull in moab your truck will suffer, I was up there last oct. and was following some fixed up rigs thru tip toe thru the canyons, some of the rigs went down this waterfall, I followed some of the other rigs around the bypass. An inexpereinced guide was directing the rigs thru the bypass, I was following her hand signals to get thru when I heard this loud bang as my back wheel fell in between the rocks my wheels should of been on. Good thing are Vehi-Cross's have good skid plates or my gas tank would of been dripping gas all the way back to Tucson

Thumbs up Vehicross were made for the offroad.

I forgot to say that My Vehicross was the only one at this event. Their were many amigos, rodeos and troopers and one jeep cherokee. Most of these rigs were very modified and could not be legally driven on the street.

The other rigs were very impressed how well my stock vhecross handled all the terrain.

Cool Service?

Bumble, that is Marine at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego. Been in for 7 1/2 years. Right now I landed a swet job of filing peoples taxes for them. Learn a lot, but get a little tired of peoples' stupidity or if politically correct "Naivity". Serious, you wouldn't belive what some people say or do when it copmes to tax time!!!;eekp;

19 votes

Could this be right? We already have 19 votes for the VX only run? That would mean that there are at least 19 VX's going. There doesn't seem to be an accurate count as to the total number of people going, but I believe 19 beats any record in Moab. This is going to be fun
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

Re: 19 votes

Originally posted by BumbleV-X
    Could this be right? We already have 19 votes for the VX only run? That would mean that there are at least 19 VX's going. There doesn't seem to be an accurate count as to the total number of people going, but I believe 19 beats any record in Moab. This is going to be fun
    I was wondering the same thing. 15 people reporting that they are going. 20 people currently voting on the trail choice.
    Maybe the extra 5 are people that are thinking about going, but they aren't sure if they'll be able to go.

Unhappy MOAB

I will go, but if work won't allow, then I won't be. So that should straighten out my absence or pressence

Don't fear Hell's Revenge!

For those who are a little worried about Hell's Revenge, I just want to re-assure them that it is absolutely no problem for a stock VX. I rode that trail twice last year and, at the time, my VX was actually sitting about 2 inches lower than stock. (My worn out torsion bars had the front end sagging quite a bit.) Although I've only been on 7 of the trails in Moab, I do feel like Hell's Revenge was by far the COOLEST!
    ________
    KAWASAKI ZN1100B
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:10 PM

the two trails

I've been reading about both trails. I voted for the tougher of the two trails, however Shafers trail does look more scenic.
    I've got a good idea that would settle this debate. Todd and Linda Adams are some WONDERFUL people(yes, I'm bias, I like them). They were awesome trail leaders last year, and made it a learning experience too. They are both members of the Red Rock 4wheel Club in Moab. They know their trails.

I say they should choose the trail they want to lead us through. Todd wont do us wrong. He knows the capabilities of the VX (he drives an Ironman). He wont lead you into rocks or bushes. It might be eye opening, but you can do it. I guarantee it will be fun!

As I understand it they will not be staying for the "event", because of prior commitments in Cedar City(I wanna be there too). They are willing to show up for the VX only run. So, hats off, and 3 cheers for the Adams'.

Thanks you two.

Deby

I agree Deby, but They are the ones that gave us the choice. I hope we choose the harder one though. I'll be sure to bring a tone str...,, oops tow strap. ( j/k bud)
    Its the thrill of the chase

Todd knows this area blindfolded. You can rest assured that anyone with him will see some of the more interesting areas and will be assisted thru the rough spots if needed.
    Excellent trail leader!
    VX's don't need no stinking mod's.
    But they're sure fun!

Cool

25 VX's? is this real? and I didn't even vote! I will have to take out a permit with the BLM! On second thought I guess they will have to catch me.

I was thinking... We will be in Moab early since we have to leave on Wed. Driving in from Delta Utah on Sunday. If there are enough of us on Monday afternoon we could do a short trial. Play it by ear.

Todd

Talking

Todd!! Hey man it's been so long!

I don't like to see that Noobee title under your name... I could fix that ya know? I'm in good with the boss

If we and the Texas detail and get going early enough, we could make it in around 3-4pm or a little earlier.. Would that work for a short sight seeing trip?

Can't wait to see you and Linda again.. We missed you guys last year!
    Scott / moncha.com

Smile

I will also be coming into Moab on Sunday. I was considering going over La Sal & Geyser Pass Monday.
    Thats providing we are not too tired of being in the truck for 2200 miles

Exclamation Added Gallery Link

Link to Gallery when you need it.