View Poll Results: Which trail would you like to run?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells Revenge (tip toe) - rated 3+

14 56.00%
  • Shafers - rated 2.5

11 44.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moab VX only run Trail Selection

Lightbulb Moab VX only run Trail Selection

I’ve been talking with Todd, who will be leading the VX only run, and thought we’d let the majority decide on which of 2 trails to run. Trail descriptions really mean nothing to someone who has not been to Moab and trail ratings mean little until you’ve driven them. Todd does chose trails for the scenic beauty, not for the challenge and he has led the previous years’ VX only runs without incident.

If you are attending, please select one of the following trails:

• Hells Revenge (tip toe) - rated 3+
    • Shafers - rated 2.5
    Shafers will require everyone to enter and pay a $10 fee to Canyonlands National Park.

>>> Added Gallery Link for this event....WSG
    Last edited by Moncha : 05/04/2003 at 07:37 AM

Here's a link showing Hell's Revenge

And Shafer's

There's more but this is what I found so far

My vote is for Hell's Revenge..
    Last edited by Moncha : 03/10/2003 at 07:32 AM
    Scott / moncha.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone

Talking Its ok, call me wussy

Well here is my vote, I think Schaffers looks pretty! The Hells revenge pictures definitely look frightening! I prefer Schaffers.
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Wussy #2

I vote for Schaffer's also (preferably with bypasses for water crossings so my VX won't be tempted to go 'swimming' again! Just kidding! )

3.5 sounds good to me

I really believe you all would be quite surprised how your VX handles a 3+ run. This is on a scale of 1-5, and I don't believe there are any less than a 2.5 in Moab. The womens only run last year was a 2.5. The trail was a basic dirt road.... THAT'S IT! Actually I think there was a rock in the road that gave it that extra .5 to frighten us women. My vote would be for the 3+ run. Last year I don't think we did anything under a 3.5, and there was only one that made my hair stand up and that was an option. Stock VX's can take it, they did last year.

Deby
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

Now I remember Hell’s Revenge - fantastic trail with lots of slick rock. Starts out right next to Lion’s Back, where the Bronco lost it’s brakes, but is considerably milder than that while offering excellent views and some challenges. I was definitely wanting to do this one again as the trail leader I had last year was less than ideal. I DID do Tip Over Challenge when we stopped for lunch and I know why it is named that! It’s an option for the adventurous.

Tip Toe refers to the easier way through this trail and I see no problems for stock VXes.

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    Ya'll would know better than I, since I have not been and just have scary pics to look at! I will do anything that ya'll have done in the past without incident, but I surely don't want to do what that ramcharger did, loosing the brakes!!

With our tight suspension, the VX may have made that drop (Kidding)

A lot of the time the pictures don't do justice. Unfortunately, they make easy look difficult and vice versa.

If there is doubt, the trail leaders will (Should) let you know.

Thumbs up

Never been to Moab, I want to see & do all I can! I'm game for anything. I have slightly bigger tires, nothing else! Let's do it!
    Dave...;Dr;
    Always a kid at heart!

Cool

Well I like the look of Shaefers, looks like some beautiful scenery however I also like the chanllenge and if Tone says
    a stock VX can cope .......IM IN!!!

WHY cant we do one trail oneday and the other the next...?

Stay cool everyone...talk soon,
    Tom

That is what is so nice about Moab, there are MANY other trails to choose from when registration opens. This is is a pre event deal for only VXes and has been great fun each year with out incident. By all means choose the trails that interest you but again it is hard to know excaactly what the descriptions mean if you have not been before. The intent is of Moab is to have fun, NOT damage rigs or test the outter limits. Breakage is BAD for everyone and is something I too want to avoid at all costs. I will be running essentially stock as well with only different tires, but even the stock Bridegsestones out did my other tires last year!

>>>> Fixed text...WSG
    Last edited by Moncha : 03/11/2003 at 01:51 PM

I did Tip Toe Through Hell with Tone and others last year with my almost stock VX. My only MOD was Yokohama AVS S/T tires. Others did it with stock VXs and other Isuzu models. The pictures on the web site are the hardest parts of the full "Hell's Revenge". "Tip Toe" allows a bypass around those obstacles.

This run will let you see what the VX can do. Some straight up and down stuff will amaze you and increase your pucker factor a notch or two. Very doable for these vehicles. Spectacular views and company are included.

Tone, my TOD started intermittently going into 50/50 with the front indicator bars all lit up today. I was driving on straight, dry, paved roads after a mountain drive through mud and snow. After a search of the Club Vmag site, I saw that the speed sensors could be the problem. The front tire indicators also flash on and off some of the time. I will be taking it to my dealer soon but would be interested in any further input.
    Tru
    So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
    There's so much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out.

Thumbs up Hells revenge

Definitely count me in for the revenge, if i'm not choking on Anthrax by then in the middle east. ;Dp;

SPAZZZZZZZ?????
    Anthrax? Middle East? San Diego? Navy or Marine?

My VX took on trails rated 3 - 3.5 last year, and did fine with the stock 18" tires. I think doing a more difficult trail is easier when following a bunch of VXes rather than a line of locked & lifted Troops/Rodeos/Amigos (if they made it, so can I). If you want to take an easier or more scenic trail, that can be done durring the official event.
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS