I just recently put in a 10" Sony Xplod sub into the spare tire housing...it took some figuring out and planning, but it works great and the sound of my system drastically improved!!!...It is basically the same as the one Tone sells on his website...but I decided to cut a roughly 4" thick acoustic foam that is round that fits inside the spare wheel housing ...with a round hole cut in the center of the foam to securely hold the back part of the sub and the 1/2" thick MDF that is mounted on it...this in turn acts as a stealth box and also gets rid of the SHAKES !!! It is also super easy to remove the sub to access my spare, just in case I'll need it...I'll post some pictures of this mod ASAP...also the guys at the audio installation shop where so impressed that it looked like a professional job...functionally as well as aesthetically!!! It looks GOOOOOD with my Ebony VX ..due to the red hexigonal shaped speaker cone as well as a semi translucent grill that protects the sub..I also put some black door edge protectors around the circular cut out of the plastic ..so it frames it real nice!!!