Rob - 4Rnr
    Keith - Amigo
    Rick - VX
    + 3 maybes

Anyone else?

See you all in North Bend at 7:45 or Schwana at 10:15
    Rick "Baxman" LaMarche
    Supercharged, Dynamated. SCCA Oregon Region rallycross class winner

ooo...sounds fun, and i would like to go as well, but it looks like im all booked up this weekend. have fun! be sure to post some pics.
    mark-
    "Times fun when you're having flies."
    -Kermit the Frog

To the field, but there in spirit...

"Too bad you can't make it. I hope "the field" is Yakima and not Iraq!"

It's just local back 40 of Fort Lewis this time, next year looks like trip #3 to the "big sandbox." I should by retirement property there. Nothing like honing your driving skills on the Baghdad freeways. (I'll show you the Hummer cam video footage sometime, they slide pretty well on asphalt.)

I REALLY want to attend a VX run and meet other people with the "madness," so as soon as I can I'd like to tag along on a meet. Uncle Sam is keeping me pretty busy lately. We actually load out Sunday morning.

-FNG in Wa
    -Wekilled
    douglaswekell(at)gmail.com

Doug -

Too bad you can't make it... Enjoy your stay in lovely Yakistan. Perhaps we can arrange another Seattle area meet in another couple of months.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Hey guys,

I regret to inform that I'm going to have to bail on this one... A couple of things have come up that I've got to deal with this weekend. Sorry!! I was really looking forward to meeting some other local VXers. Perhaps like I mentioned in my previous post we can have another meet soon.

Fellas, I've got some things that require my attention so I won't be able to make the trip. I was looking forward to it but I probably won't make it. If things change I'll catch up with you there.
    Sorry,
    Rory
    Rory Bohnas
    Port Orchard, WA
    2001 Proton

Back from Yakistan

Fun trip, managed to get out in the M998 (Hummer) and shoot some ball ammo during to Live Fire Exercise which coincided with my birthday (heavy machinery and bullets are better than a cake any day)

kpaske: yeah, I'd definitely like to do a run with everyone someplace this Summer. We cover down on bright-eyed ROTC cadets for the next few months. Never thought I'd be doing this when I PCSed to the Strykers!)

Maybe sometime we can hit lunch. Like to see the rig.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by wekilled
    We cover down on bright-eyed ROTC cadets for the next few months. Never thought I'd be doing this when I PCSed to the Strykers!)

Doug
    bwahahaha. i was one pair of those bright eyes!

sorry for reviving this dead thread, i just did a search for 'stryker' because theres a propoga...err...marketing...err...documentary on right now on the military channel. I'll tell you this: before the summer of 2005, i didn't have a high opinion of strykers. But being at ft lewis in 2005, you learn to really appreciate those things. You stryker brigade guys were pretty enthusiatic about them and i was ridiculously impressed at how QUIET and FAST those things were.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

I'm not too familiar with Strykers, are they any good in the sand? If they are,they'd have a good time at Beverly dunes!

I didn't organize a run to Beverly this year for the first time in 8 years, and I have heard some whining about it (like I'm the only one who can organize a dunes run !). Is anyone interested in a trip to Beverly again? If there is interest, maybe we can put something together for late September/early October.

the dunes

WOW, I got all excited,... the I saw the date. Is there something coming up in the near future. For sure it is driving distants from Olympia.

Nothing is set yet, but I'll put something together if there is interest.

Beverly Run

Love to go on a run but am stuck in Mosul till about June of next year. Would actually like to get together with a live human that owns a VX some time after that.

Runs here are a bit "different." Less off-road and more Mad Max or Aliens with the Strykers.

-Doug

I'd be up for any Pacific Northwest meet in the near future. Especially once I get done with my latest round of mods! *Sundays work best for me right now*