Quote Originally Posted by Marlin View Post
Thats true, I know I have done some crazy stuff to mine, but it is all to enhance offroad performance, what it was meant for. ...
Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
On the other hand, lifting a VX does provide increased performance in terms of ground clearance and allow for installation of larger and more agressive tires. That is - it improves the capabilities that it was designed for.
I don't know if I totally agree with those statements. I remember commercials of the VX rocketing across the desert, and magazine articles showing VX's in dirt and snow, but I don't remember any ads or photos of VX's doing heavy duty rock crawling, mudding, etc. If that was in fact "what it was meant/designed for" why would Isuzu give it IFS, no full-size spare (like the Trooper, Rodeo, Amigo, or even Axiom), etc.? Sometimes I think the offroad-focused nature of this site leads people to think that Moab and other places like it are the VX's natural habitat. I think it's pretty clear that the VX was designed as an all-purpose vehicle, combining nice handling on the road and good capability in the dirt/snow, but without being amazing at either. You can certainly build up a VX into an amazingly capable off-roader, but that potential doesn't mean "that's what it was meant for" out of the box. I think there's a big difference between slamming a dually vs. lowering a PUV.

I'm not saying I would like the look ( ) but I think criticizing it because it doesn't enhance one half of the VX design is a weak argument.