Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VX Lowering Kits

Once i saw costie costa roof scoop all i can say is ANY THING IS POSSIBLE.
    Dakar was just the begining.

Quote Originally Posted by RallyDude View Post
    I've lowered mine 3"-4" with no problems at all. I just took out the lift kit the PO installed. For my uses, the stock height works best. While I am an avid off-roader, I still enjoy riding the twisty pavement as well. As a PUV, I appreciate that the VX is capable both on- and off-road. The stock height is a great compromise that performs great for me. Raising a vehicle doesn't automatically make it better off-road either. On off-camber trails, a raised VX is more prone to tip over; and sometimes you need to drive under obstacles as well.

We all chose a Vehicross as it is unique, so it shouldn't surprise us that owners want to make it even more unique. When I first read the post, I too was like "what the hell". Then I saw the lowered white VX posted above. While it's not what I would do with mine, I can appreciate all the work and attention to detail that it's owner obviously had when creating his own version of the VX. Did you notice what looks to be motorized retractable running boards?

As far as this site being off-road oriented, it only makes sense on a vehicle that has low-range 4WD stock. That however, isn't the only application that the VX excels in. If we all had the same vision and all wanted to do the same mods, this would be a very boring site. So I say go for it. Show us your vision of the VX, and while we may not want to do it to our rides, we certainly can appreciate yet another unique VX, and a job well done.

p.s. The quickest way to lower it is to put a few bags of cement in the cargo area and start dating fat chicks.
    Well said. But why you got to hate on the bigger girls man? Don't you know fat bottom girls make the rockin' world go round?

Mine was lowered when purchased. De cranked torsion - compressed springs. Just an inch or so.

I'm not hating on the big girls, in fact I'm condoning it. Like the earlier poster said, go buy a spring compressor.
    '01 Kaiser SC'ed VX #0867

Then it seems like a spring compressor would be unnecessary...

DONT use a spring compressor. It "works" but eventually they will move around on the coil and heaven forbid you hit a huge bump and bottom out on top of them.
    1999 Isuzu Vehicross-#1209- lots of mods - gone
    1995 Honda Passport: Lifted, Locked, 34x10.50's, just a few things..-Click for build thread

Quote Originally Posted by RamAirZ View Post
    DONT use a spring compressor. It "works" but eventually they will move around on the coil and heaven forbid you hit a huge bump and bottom out on top of them.
    Just tack them into place, you are already taking away the performance of the VX anyway by releasing tension on the torsion bars, what is one more thing?

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
    Thomas Jefferson

safety. The heat from the welder could effect the spring tension, and I personally don't like the idea of limiting the springs travel basically. Just cut a coil off. That's just my opinion though

I would think it more effective to lift it, put some 26s on it, put some starburst stickers all over it, and then make 12 point turns to get into a parking lot, meanwhile backing up traffic while we wait for them to get the hell out of the way.

No starburst stickers, Skittles all the way:

That "guy" actually looks like he did it right. The lift looks serviceable. Definitely not like what we have around here.
    I was just talking to someone at work about this, there are two new fads sweeping the nation.

One is the ridiculous donk concept, the other is the return of old trucks. Call it the white version of donks, minus the impracticality.
    80s Chevy, ford and dodge trucks are in high demand. There are at least a dozen in the parking lot at work that are in great shape and they paid 4 or 5K for em!!! It is artificially inflating the values of the trucks, much the same as the Crown Vic/caprice fad.

Ya alot of guys are looking to do stuff like this with em':

Ya alot of guys are looking to do stuff like this with em':

Dead link on the photo. Strangely enough, I have three guys in my office that have more than 250K in savings, one of em over 1 million and one real close. A few others have over 100K saved. One just got rid of his 2010 Z71 to get a 3rd gen chevy truck and a decent chevelle(wants to spend <20K). When I asked him why, he said cause they are cool. I hate having wealthy employees, but they are in the military for the right reasons. They do their jobs amazingly well.

Some of those decal sets for the cars are upwards of 2K. Not cheap, and of course those wheels are worth 2-3 times what the car itself is worth.

huh the pic shows up for me, that's weird. It's a bagged 80's 4dr dually chevy truck. It's towing a mini truck on a car trailer while having the bags aired out and dragging throwing sparks. Those guys sound like me, I'd rather buy older vehicles I like and fix up the way I want than buy something new. I'd end up changing everything on it anyways

huh the pic shows up for me, that's weird. It's a bagged 80's 4dr dually chevy truck. It's towing a mini truck on a car trailer while having the bags aired out and dragging throwing sparks. Those guys sound like me, I'd rather buy older vehicles I like and fix up the way I want than buy something new. I'd end up changing everything on it anyways
    If I click on your photo via the auto email update from VXinfo, it works, just not in the thread.

I would never do that to a truck!!!!
    The theme around here is more of the Fall Guy look, small mudders/ATs, more of the redneck theme. Definitely no bags in the military parking lot.

On a lighter note, in defense of my VX, I played the "I spy" game. I can spot at least 13 Jeeps in any of our 6 parking lots at work. Most are female students, or what we call "lumberjacks". But there are a ton of em, from bone stock, to decked out. NONE of them wheel, I asked around and tried to start a little club. Their response: "No way, its still under warranty". What better time to wheel it?!!

Thread jack complete Sorry bossman, since I finished my statistics and English Comp class, I have a lot more free time, no classes until Feb) On another thread jack, for those who don't think they have time to work on their VX, you are 100% WRONG. I have a xbox360 gamer score of almost 32K, you know about the ridiculous VX projects I do, in the Navy, college courses, a 5 year old and 4 year old boy, both of which can fetch and carry tools, and probably change your oil. There is lots of time, just gotta budget it appropriately....