Thread: Alignment/rod/bolt help, please!!!!!

Alignment/rod/bolt help, please!!!!!

I took my baby for an alignment yesterday and was told by the tech that he got the LEFT bolt off the rod but the RIGHT is frozen.. any clue when I take this to the Zuzu dealer how much I'm looking at to get this bolt off so the alignment can be done? Also if I know someone who can do a brake job is it easy to do yourself or is it something a shop should really do? Thanks so much for any help you can give..

if it is a bolt you can get to with a torch you can get it loose pretty easy.heat the bolt until it is red, then apply wax to the threads.a candle will do ,just touch it to the threads and the heat will suck the wax into the threads and free up the bolt.it may take a couple times but it does work i have used it many times at work. shawn
    1COOLVX

I had that happen to me the alignment guy was turning the bolt in wrong direction!!!!!!!

A great penetrating oil is 50% Xmission fluid- 50% Kerosine;
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

I would seriously reconsider taking my baby back to a shop that can't figure out how to unfreeze a bolt.
    2000 Black VX 105k

Agreed....
    face the mirror

Arrow

Sorry to say this but....if the mechanic (or is he a mekanik) could not figure out that putting a little heat to that bolt would have loosened it in seconds.
    You had better find another alignment shop which knows something about old fashioned quality repair. It is so simple even Forest Gump could have figured that one out.
    John

I've got to agree. My old Tracker was in a flood before I got it and every underbody bolt was rusted tight. When I took it in for an alignment, the tech just took a torch, heated them up, and proceeded with the alignment without problems.