Thread: Todays Press Release from Isuzu

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
    I kind of like the look of the new Chevy Colorado so the new Isuzu Pickup doesn't bother me in that respect...just disappointed they aren't willing to do their own thing (like the VX) to try and break the mold...
    I agree 100% with what you are trying to say...however....
    look at what happened to Isuzu and the VX when they did "break the mold".
    Unfortunatly when you "break the mold" you usually "break the bank" too and that's what happens way too often. The old AMC (American Motors Corp.) Gremlin/Hornet/Javelin/Matador ...comes to mind. As well as the Chevy Vega. Styling and or technical products which were way ahead of their time...JUST LIKE OUR BELOVED VX.
    John

I am just sad that they discontinued the Rodeo in 2004. Say what you will about Isuzu...but that Rodeo is one sweet,tough little SOB.
    John

While we are on the subject of trucks here...check out this brute.
    It's the chinese version of the Isuzu...called "Great Wall".
    Stylin'...would not mind one of these beauties myself.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by thebear54
    While we are on the subject of trucks here...check out this brute.
    It's the chinese version of the Isuzu...called "Great Wall".
    Stylin'...would not mind one of these beauties myself.
    John

I have an idea how you can get one here, in the US... go to a Nissan dealer and look at a used Frontier. That thing looks exactly like the past model Frontier. I don't know how Isuzu played a part in that one.

I love how it says, a return to its roots....HAHA right, they took the Cheby colorado and put a different grill on it....

and yea, thats a frontier, you can buy em at any nissan dealership. And im pretty sure that they dont market them as Izuzu's, they're still nissan.

Buy 1 now, get the second one for free!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

I'm so ashamed of that. Lame, lamer, lamest. The last thing I want to see is Isuzu selling Frontiers. If they ever expect to return to their glory days, something original would be a good start. This looks so awful for them. This just puts out the image that they are just a second-rate manufacturer begging for scraps off the tables of the big boys. When they desperately need to dig themselves out of a hole, it looks like they're determined to dig it deeper.

The colorado was 90% designed by Isuzu to begin with, why shouldn't they be selling it?

Question is, with the 12% ownership of Isuzu that GM held now gone, WHY did Isuzu decide to help GM design their pickup?
    2000 Black VX 105k

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan_VX
    Question is, with the 12% ownership of Isuzu that GM held now gone, WHY did Isuzu decide to help GM design their pickup?
    They're just milking GM to keep their name in the publics face until they return with they're own lineup (can you say turbo diesels?) for 2007. Then GM gets kicked to the curb! w00t! Heh, most don't know the last batch of Rodeos and Troopers were assembled by Subaru.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

That may be, but it doesn't look like a Colorado at all from the front. Much more like a Frontier. That IS the Frontier front end. And my question is this - why does GM need any help designing anything?

If Isuzu basically built it, they should have come to market with it first. Perception is reality for a lot of folks. It may be an Isuzu with Chevy badges on it, but the fact that it wore Chevy badges first means that in effect, an Isuzu variant will just be a Chevy with Isuzu badges on it to lots of people. That makes Chevy look good, not Isuzu. If Isuzu keeps acting second-rate, they will always be second-rate. Add to that the fact that it has that Frontier-looking front end that will foster a notion that the Isuzu is a mere copycat, and a bad one at that. There's no attempt at all to make it a little different and hide what it is. And who copied who with the fender cladding on some of those Frontiers, hmmm? From a marketing standpoint, I think it is about as pathetic as it gets. Restructuring or not, right now they look BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by CIATexan
    I love how it says, a return to its roots....HAHA right, they took the Cheby colorado and put a different grill on it....
    Maybe I'm just having a really bad day (shop's at least a week backed up and I'm getting sold units dumped on me left and right) but really, if you're going to try and burn Isuzu for rebadging the Colorado you really should do a little research.

Unlike the Ascender, which is a GM product, the Colorado, at heart, is an Isuzu product. Isuzu does not produce the Colorado but the majority of the development work for the Colorado was done by Isuzu. Colorado may roll off a GM line but it's just a rebadged Isuzu for all intents and purposes.

I wouldn't expect to see a lot of revolutionary designs out of Isuzu in the near future. They're concentrating on the development of their new line of d-engines. The development of their new engines will be much more lucrative to Isuzu than the manufacture and sales of light passenger vehicles.
    Don Viner
    Sunset Isuzu
    6211 L Street
    Omaha, NE 68117
    O - (402) 733-2227 ext 214
    F - (402) 733-0395
    M - (402) 505-2147
    don@sunsetisuzu.com
    http://www.sunsetmotors.net