• I filed online

35 94.59%
  • I filed offiline

2 5.41%

Thread: File Your Window Complaint On Line

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Take Action on the Dreaded Window Failure Problem

The guy I spoke to at the DOT didn't tell me we could file via the DOT Auto Safely Hotline. But we can. Here's the link.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

It takes about five minutes. You'll need your VIN #.
    ============
    Here's what I wrote:

I own a 2000 Vehicross by Isuzu. I bought it new four years ago and have only 26,000 miles on it. A few months ago the power window mechanism on the driver's side had to be replaced due to a failure of the track alignment.

It cost me $800 to fix.

Upon coming in contact with an organization of several hundred Vehicross enthusiasts I discovered that this type of window failure is epidemic with this model car. Some of the owners have had multiple failures -- i.e., the windows have been fixed only to fail again, sometimes three or four times.

At the moment I have 27,000 miles on the car and now the passenger's side window is beginning to fail.

I have contacted Isuzu but they deny there is a problem. On the other hand I understand there are official documents by Isuzu that do recognize this problem.

Since there was a limited distribution of this particular model car -- somewhere in the area of 4000 plus over a four year period -- it appears the window failure rate is a high percentage of that total number. I would ask that the department investigate this problem, including investigation of the internal Isuzu document mentioned above.

If there is, as it appears, a design flaw in the window mechanism, then there are hundreds of Vehicross owners who have improperly been charged to repair it, sometimes multiple times.

============

I'm going to follow up by sending them a copy of the poll and comments from this site several weeks ago.

>>>>> Merged
    To follow up on the poll, etc., that we had a month or so ago, I just got off the phone with a rep at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Auto Safety hotline at 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

I explained the VX window failure problem and he is sending me a complaint form. He said that if the department gets enough complaints it will strengthen our case to have the government force Isuzu to issue a recall.

So I encourage everyone to call that number and have them send you a forml. With all the people on this board having had the same problem, some multiple times, they should receive a good number of complaints.

DK
    Last edited by Moncha : 03/30/2005 at 12:21 PM Reason: Merged threads