37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I filed online

35 94.59%
  • I filed offiline

2 5.41%

Thread: File Your Window Complaint On Line

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oops. That's what I meant to say above. I used silicone spray, not graphite.

I spent a good bit of time today fiddling with the lift mechanism in the driver's door again today. Basically I just drilled up a bit more and made the hole bigger on the bracket, trying Cascabel3's fix again. Drilled it up as far as I dare, so I can't offset it anymore. It's still kicking out but it's very nearly self-correcting before it gets to the top, so that's something at least. I'll lube up the track and it should work like a charm, but probably not for long.
    Last edited by Heraclid : 03/20/2005 at 05:48 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm still waiting for the complaint form in the mail.

Just curious - how many of you have phoned to get one of these forms?

I have a feeling that if we submit a large enough number Isuzu will be forced to do something about the problem.

Thumbs up Yes, I Did!

Yes, I filed my complaint today. Thanks for getting this going.
    Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Willing to help DK :)

DK - I had the same problem with my passenger side window and thanks to this group and Article, was able to fix my problem in less than an hour. No problems with the process and the window works perfect now! Having just purchased my 2001, I didn't realize how much having that window problem was ruining my VX ownership experience. After fixing the window, it was so much more pleasurable to drive. Special thanks to Phines for taking the time document the solution.

I see that you're in California - if you're willing to drive up to the Bay Area, I'm willing to do the same to your VX's window(s) at no charge. I'm not a Isuzu mechanic, but have worked on many vehicles and am willing to help out a fellow VXer in need. This group has been so very helpful, both in helping me establish the confidence to buy my VX as well as lots of useful information. So, in the spirit of giving back, I'd be happy to help you out. If interested, email me at todd@milwaukeeroad.com and we'll coordinate logisitics.

Quote Originally Posted by IsuzuVXFan
    This group has been so very helpful, both in helping me establish the confidence to buy my VX as well as lots of useful information. So, in the spirit of giving back, I'd be happy to help you out. If interested, email me at todd@milwaukeeroad.com and we'll coordinate logisitics.
    Thanks very much for your kind offer. I'll email you about it. It's interesting that the fix you used is so simple. You'd think that Isuzu would have figured it out -- maybe modified the track as described, etc.

I hope we get a good response from the group here with regard the Govt. complaint form.

DK

My Window Solution

I haven't had the dreaded window problem yet.

I decided when I got the VX to NEVER open my windows.

Boy it bugs the heck out of the folks at the toll booth

DK - Message Request

DK - when you email me, please put ISUZUVXFAN in the subject line. I get too much email to screen manually everyday, so that will help me not screen your message into the spam folder. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Todd