View Poll Results: What's your favorite color combo?

Voters
371. You may not vote on this poll
  • Victory White

40 10.78%
  • Ebony Black Red/Black

54 14.56%
  • Ebony Black Gray/Black

40 10.78%
  • Astral Silver Metallic Red/Black

29 7.82%
  • Kaiser Silver Metallic Red/Black

17 4.58%
  • Kaiser Silver Metallic Gray/Black

28 7.55%
  • Proton Yellow Gray/Black

84 22.64%
  • Dragon Green Mica Gray/Black

36 9.70%
  • Foxfire Red Mica Gray/Black

33 8.89%
  • Pearl White Metallic Red/Black (Of course, the rarest)

10 2.70%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Best Color?

Hey! Mine wasn't even on there! "Empire Blue!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_A View Post
    Hey! Mine wasn't even on there! "Empire Blue!"
    Yer special!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

2001,Dragon,0719; 2000,Kaiser,0051; 2001,Kaiser(Blue),0638
    I've said it before and I gotta say it again. Dragon Green is the best color. All the smooth lines combined with the simple fact that it has fangs!! Then there's the growl.

I realize that as of now Proton has won. However, the main reason I never liked the Proton was emblazened in my mind when my son came up to me all excited that he had seen 2 "trucks like you have" in the Walmart parking lot, side by side. When I got there to my disappointment I saw twin yellow "trucks". One actually said VX in the grill and was bright yellow. It's twin was the same color yellow but was one of the more rare versions of VX. It had a blue oval in the grill and said Escape on its butt.

Gonzo
    I want a t-shirt that says: "TRD all thats missing is U!" on the back and a VX on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo7231 View Post
    ...twin yellow "trucks". One actually said VX in the grill and was bright yellow. It's twin was the same color yellow but was one of the more rare versions of VX. It had a blue oval in the grill and said Escape on its butt.

Gonzo
    Oh, the "Go Farther" and "Go Further" twins??
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

A Ford Escape attempting to impersonate a VX? Should we feel flattered or be appalled?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    A Ford Escape attempting to impersonate a VX? Should we feel flattered or be appalled?
    I like the new Escape, however, i'm appaled that they basically blatantly stole the Isuzu catch phrase. They changed one letter.
    "THEORETICALLY, STILL A TRUCK!"
    2001 VX
    Mods

2008 HUMMER H3

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo7231 View Post
    I realize that as of now Proton has won
    Nope.

Ebony is currently over 26%

2001Proton 1432, ex 2001 Dragon Green Mica 0168 (RIP May 2017)
    And seems to me that the poll is for the COMBO and not just the exterior color....
    Live, Love, Forgive and Never Give Up

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High VX View Post
    And seems to me that the poll is for the COMBO and not just the exterior color....
    And with NO COMBO choice for some colors people are just voting on the exterior.

Ebony is the clear leader...
    Last edited by VXR : 08/08/2012 at 08:48 PM

Duh. Ebony is the best.
    OEM roof rack, Thule Xpedition 696 rack, Rancho RS9000 shocks, OME 913 coil springs, 3" lift, American Racing Teflon Chambers wheels, Yokohama Geolandar HT/S G051 tires (275/70/16), Energy Suspension greaseable bushings, steel-braided Kevlar-reinforced brake lines, WeatherTech wind deflectors, Malibu 18w driving lights, Plasma SuperWhite 100w headlights, NGK Iridium plugs, K&N drop-in air filter, Optima Red Top, Psychos2 rear-door subwoofer enclosure w/CDT Audio 10" sub, Blaupunkt subwoofer amp, iPod Video 80GB, Kenwood KVT-617 DVD head unit w/7" motorized touch-screen, Kenwood GPS HD navigation module, Kenwood iPod adapter, Kenwood back-up camera, Sirius radio, Flowmaster Extreme Off-Road muffler (black diamond-plate steel) w/ carbon fiber tip, Ford Taurus OEM cup-holder/coin tray (single-DIN/lower bay), personalized license plate "ORBITAL", 3M window tint, debadged, removed rear seat, custom 'radiation symbol' side magnetic signs, VX Concepts front skid plate

Curiously, do people pick their actual color/combo or what is their favorite (even if they do not own it). I can't imagine THAT many people preferring the orange interior .

Some cars look absolutely stunning in glossy black! That is... when they are clean. Keeping them clean is a full time job (if you care about your car). After owning a couple of black cars, that I cared about, I swore: NEVER AGAIN!

Having said that, VX is particularly the wrong car for that color! I think that contrasting claddings is one of the better VX design points, THAT is what truly sets it aside from most other SUV's. IMO, black VX look totally different from the rest of the (contrasting) colors! People who actually prefer a black VXs, must view VX very differently from the rest of us.

So who is the clear majority now?
    Last edited by Leon R : 04/06/2013 at 07:38 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Leon R View Post
    I think that contrasting claddings is one of the better VX design points, THAT is what truly sets it aside from most other SUV's. IMO, black VX look totally different from the rest of the (contrasting) colors!
    You can get that contrast on a black VX by letting the cladding fade

Quote Originally Posted by VXR View Post
    You can get that contrast on a black VX by letting the cladding fade
    Touche!
    Last edited by Leon R : 04/07/2013 at 01:38 PM

Honestly, I picked Foxfire, but I think the Dragon is the most attractive, and the Proton was the color that initially turned my head!

I think it really depends on what you want out of the vehicross... if you want pow,.. then the Proton (I really do enjoy the bright Yellow in the last two decades trend). If you want class, the Dragon. And if you want just downright sexy, the maroon of the Foxfire was enough to sell even my very negative wife on the car.

What about white and black? Black is cool, tough and unfortunately the downside of needing to be clean to shine is just too rough on me (I own a black sporttrac). White? White is striking with the cladding, but tend to look dingy off road, and doesn't match the interior well.

Inside I'd prefer the red trim, but I have a foxfire, and unless I do it custom, they don't come that way.

Frankly, after all said and done, if I ever have to paint etc... sunset copper Orange - which most people hate.

Color is subjective - what I live about the Vehicross is 'stock' it really is just about the only differentiating characteristic of a very cool vehicle.

proton still in the lead