I've been driving around with a partial case of Royal Purple ATF fluid sliding around in the back of my VX for over 2 months now. I've read posts here and some folks have used it and even said they noticed smoother shifts after putting it in. So I bought some.

My VX has 18,000 miles.

I went to the closest Isuzu dealer (my usual mechanic, who I trust, didn't seem to have the right equipment to do this) and they (the dealer) wouldn't do it. Said it wasn't a recommended fluid (?) and that I didn't need it done. They are mostly a Dodge dealer and to be honest I've never even seen an Isuzu in their service section, or on their lot, although they are supposed to be an Isuzu dealer. We have a better dealer around but they are much further away.

Anyways I got scared off and put it off.

Also back then, when calling transmission repair places, I got different advice regarding whether it needs to be flushed or not. Apparently not all places can do the flush (most didn't quote that way), or want to do the flush. I don't think most guys that answer the phone even get why I would care to change it, or put a certain fluid in.

My questions are : Is the right way to do this to have the tranny flushed? and I don't want to do this myself so what would be a good way to find the most qualified place to do it - what questions should I ask? I get the feeling the Isuzu dealers around me aren't really Isuzu dealers, just other dealers (like Dodge or Chevy) that happen to handle Isuzu. IT's hard to find someone to trust.

Also is there any problem with putting the Royal Purple ATF in? Why do you think the dealer gave me such a hard time? They were like "If we put this in we can't be responsible for the damage it might do".

Thanks