Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Keyless Remote Range

Quote Originally Posted by Moncha
    Actually, just the point of moving the original wire makes a huge difference. If you still want to extend the wire a good computer supply store will have a small guage steel or aluminum wire.. There is a wiring diagram here somewhere for the OEM remote system allowing the option button to work.. I just can't remember where.
    Actually, it works with the second click of the unlock button (which normally unlocks the passenger door). I'll see if I can find the post.
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

Here's the link to the thread with instructions to make the rear door popper work from the factory remote:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=2069

One thing that is not real clear in the diagram is that you have to splice the two lt grn/blk wires coming from the alarm box together so that both your doors open on the first press, and the trunk opens on the second press. I don't know of a way that you can determine which of the 2 wires is for the driver's door vs. the pass door - I just cut one and spliced it into the other and it worked - you may have to do trial & error on that portion. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to walk you through it - it's not as daunting as it may sound/look - just hard to explain here. It's been operational in my VX now for over a year and works great!
    Last edited by Raque Thomas : 04/25/2005 at 10:23 AM

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Thanks Raque!! I did some more research on the topic on this site, and was discouraged with what I found - Tone admantly stating that there was no way to wire up the solenoid to the "option" button on the remote (which is still true, but your mod does what I want to do). I will give it a go when I get a chance to play. My Bilsteins just came in yesterday, so the next free weekend will be spent replacing my KYB Gas-A-Justs (too soft). I will be doing the antenna wire relo sometime this week, though.