Thread: Interior Removal

Interior Removal

1st off I would like to say the interior sucks. Removing the panels is a pain. I can't believe how many puch clips they put in there. It was a days work. here's the pics of what it looks like with a 1/2 stripped interior. Tomorrow I will be fishing the front and head liner. If anyone is ever planning on adding ceiling monitors know that there is nothing but alittle foam spearating the head liner from the roof. I'll be post pics of the ceiling. for now here's what I've takin.
    Last edited by Moncha : 04/15/2005 at 07:44 PM Reason: Fixed formating

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

How will you secure the monitors to the roof?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I found the panel removal not too bad if you follow the sequence in the service manual (CD).
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)

I did follow the CD and still a pain. 17 cilps per side. I used some 3/4 MDF Board with double sided 3M tape and Gorilla Glue. It's a good thing I only Gorilla Guled 1 side cuz it really works. I tehn put a jack with a piece of 2X4 up agianst it to hold it overnight. since it's only me putting them in I didn't take pics yet. I'll be posting the pics Monday. My wifey thinks 4 flip down monitors is sweet. The 1 monitor in the Visor looks good. She can't wait to see it working. Here's whats done so far. All the wiring for 4 signle DVD players, DVD changer, Cd Changer, MIDI Changer, Add-on Cd Changer which I 1st added last year, 3 wireless rear view cameras, Stobe lights, neon light kit. 2 of the flip down monitors, Visor Monitor, in dash Monitor, Now just have to put the other 2 flip down monitors, side steps, safari bar, cleaning the engine and dress it up. I'll post pics of everything as I go along.

Talk about "Pimp My Ride"...
    Can't wait to see the transformation in person Tony....Sounds like a sweet job.
    John

still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely. I finished wiring the 2 passenger monitors and DVD players and they work just fine. I also did the far rear monitor, DVD changer, CD Changer, Indash Monitor, Indash EQ, rear cameras and Base wiring, Back-up sensor and new taillight blubs. At this point and time I wish I had a garage to finish it at night but I don't so it's taken me so far 3 days and alot more to go.

well here are the more recent pics. Let me know what you think.

Starting to look good Tony. Damn, that's a lot of love going on in there.
    Are you starting to have nightmares about wires yet?
    John