Thread: Question about the wiring harness for fog lights

Question Question about the wiring harness for fog lights

I am trying to find out if the wiring harness on a 2001 model VX is already equipped for fog lights. The service tech. at my local ISUZU dealership is going to order and install the lights for me , but he said that he needs to know if it is already wired for it. Also, does anyone have ISUZU stock fog lights and are they any good?
    Arachnid J
    Titusville,FL
    '01 Ironman VX

Sorry, it is not - no provisions were made for this, However, you can add PIAA1200s in the location of the round indicator lights and the electrical connections are simple and easy.

Cool Lights in the Rear Reflectors

Anyone thought about mounting lights where the rear reflectors are mounted? I had the bumper cover off and there's plenty of room back there... thought some bright back up lights would be great!

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Talking

Thanks, Tone. You are the man with the answers.

Another option for front parking lights...

Here's another option for replacing the front lights.

To find them go to www.hella.com and look for Micro DE auxillary lighting.
    Last edited by Moncha : 06/25/2005 at 11:11 PM
    Scott / moncha.com

PIAA recently discontinued the 1200's but I recall from previous research that the 1100x Platinum's have the same dimensions. However, these are driving lights and not fog lights.

I recently ordered a set of the PIAA 520 SMR fog lights to mount on the safari bar I bought from Tone. I plan to either buy the 1100x's and mount in the stock marker light location, or attempt to fit another set of 520's (the driving light model) on the safari bar between the 520 fogs. But, I'm not sure if the latter is even possible, has anyone ever tried it? I wonder if it would even look good.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyapollo
    Anyone thought about mounting lights where the rear reflectors are mounted? I had the bumper cover off and there's plenty of room back there... thought some bright back up lights would be great!

-- John

Been there done that. If anyone else does it I recommend using lights with faceted reflectors as the recess on the cladding cuts out much of the side lighting.

2001's are not equipped for foglights...as I own one and I was not happy when I purchased mine and found this out since Kelly Blue book and all other sources for advertisement and info said they did.

Isuzu meant for this but GM cut cheaper corners...also like the 4" rear speakers...and not to mention a $30,000+ vehicle with a rodeo dash...and the short cut as using the 3.2 engine with 3.5 ported heads to say it is a 3.5, but that gets horrible mileage and the rodeo transmission that loses too much power and does not perform as well as it should.. The Trooper has the true 3.5engine, is way heavier, and gets better mileage. I know some of you have sold a VX to buy a Trooper for the better mileage.

Spazz you never cease to amaze me! The engine is the same between the Trooper and the VX- they are both stroked 3.2L with true 3.5L internal combustion areas. Gearing is probably diffferent between the Trooper and the VX if your mileage differences are true and the 2 vehicles are meant to be driven way differnently. If anyone bought this (or any other SUV for mileage) you bought the wrong one! I have yet to hear of Porsche, Ferrari, or Lamborghini owners complaining of mileage....or visibility concerns.