Ok, I have YET to get a VX-- but I'm CLOSE! The one I looked at today was a '00 Dragon Green one with 26K and change on it. The asking price was $17,990. I noticed a few things that I was concerned about, and I wanted to get some owners opinions:

-- I noticed that the windows went down great- but the drivers went up slow, then about 2/3rds of the way up, I heard a very soft "pop" and it went up fast after that. The passenger one went up a few inches and then dropped at an angle, and didn't seat properly when it was closed. Is this a big deal?

-- The VX does come out of 4 wheel, right? Cause this one didn't. I stopped, put it in neutral, and then put it in 4L, and it was fine. I stopped, put it in neutral, and put it in 4H, and it was fine. I stopped, put it in neutral, and couldn't get the transfer case shifter to seat ANYWHERE but 4L or 4H- and even after I backed it up (the dealer suggested THAT may work) it was STILL in 4wheel. Now, I have owned several 4x4's, and I have never found this problem. Is THIS a big deal?

-- It was pouring rain, and the mats were dry all the way up to under the dash, so at least that was a good thing, right?

-- The hood was not aligned, and the latch *sort of* worked, so I was thinking it was hit. The dealer said it got a clean carfax, but I was skeptical. The latch support was twisted- the top of it was alright, but the farther down you looked, you could see it twist. When you looked down that far, you could see that the radiator core was bowed IN- almost like it was hit with a high-speed basketball. The fan shroud was cracked as well.

OK, having re-read this rambling post, I guess my only questions are about the windows and the trasfer case.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I want to know what I'm getting before I spend the money, and you people are the ones to ask.