Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Swordy's down for awhile

Swordy's down for awhile w/pics

My husband was in a MAJOR accident yesterday, in a smaller car (87 Nissan Maxima). Since I went to the accident site, I can easily say I'm shocked he survived. All battered and bruised, with glass inbedded all over... Moab is now taking back seat! He's going to live and that's the miracle.

For those that know Andy/Swordy.. keep him in your prayers for me. Because of the extent of his injuries and loss of concessness(sp), he was rushed to a great Trauma 1 hospital (Arrowhead) in So Cal. He's beat up and cut all over, minor concussion, staples in his scalp, hairline fracture to his neck, bruised lung, black eyes, glass in his eyes, unable to hear on the right side, and still spitting glass. He's recovering at home (his choice) after they released him at 2am. Today.... PAIN! He doesn't remember the accident at all. His father was in the car behind him and saw the whole thing. Andy took his father to go pick up his second car and they were driving back. A ford Explorer T-boned the passenger side of the Maxima after running a red light at a high speed(witnesses reported this). There's NOTHING left of the Maxima. There was no one at the site that thought anyone could live through it. The local police officer came by this morning to ask if he made it. He was shocked when I said he was home. My father in law took picture that I will try to figure out how to upload tonight.

My requests are for prayers for Andy.... he's a misarable patient! Keeping him down to rest is killing him. There's just too much in life to do to stay still for a day.

Thanks,
    Deby

Any replies to this thread I promise to read to him. He needs happy thoughts right now.
    Last edited by BumbleV-X : 04/22/2005 at 10:50 PM
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

So sorry to hear... my prayers are with you guys.

So Glad You Made It!!!

Hi Andy,

I'm sorry about your accident. I almost hate calling it that since the dope who hit you could have stopped so I feel like it wasn't an accident at all. I'm so glad you're alive! I know you don't know me very well - especially since it's been so long since I've posted anything, but I know your threads on here, all the help you've given me with advice and encouragement with my truck, and your sense of humor.

I'm very happy and relieved for your wife who had to be terrified when she thought she'd lost you. (Please keep us up to date on his recovery progress and thank you for letting us know what happened.)

If there is anything I can do for you, call or email: 850-585-4053 mlcorsaro@earthlink.net

Take whatever pain killers the doctor gave you because a painless recovery is a faster recovery. I mention this because when my husband had surgery he thought he was better off living with the pain until the doctor told him otherwise.

And now for a bedtime story. This is a favorite of mine as it's one my mother told me. Ready? Get comfortable. And here we go:

Once upon a time, there was an old, old man....

Sheesh I hated that bastard!

LOL When my mom told me that, I laughed so hard I wet the bed. Of course, that was only a couple of years ago, so that's really saying something.

Hang in there. My thoughts are with you and I'll remember you in my prayers.

Sincerely,
    Leah Corsaro
    Return evil for evil to no one...as far as it depends upon YOU, be peaceable with all men. Romans 12:17, 18

hey Deby...

Very sorry to hear about Andy's unfortunate accident. It pains me to hear such horrific accidents happening with one of our own. I'm glad to hear that Andy has survived the ordeal to say the least and on the way to recovery. The fact that he's tenacious enough to want to recover at home says alot as it is.

Please tell him to hang in there as this painful process is ONLY temporary and hopefully we'll see him climbing the rocks again with the VX in no time. Our prayers are with you both during this time.

PS. I hope they hang the red light runner guy up high! Just not cool
    For custom VehiCross skidplates and accessories, check out:
    www.aftershockproducts.com

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    So sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you all! There is nothing like family! Moab will always be there, take care of each other because life will not always be there!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Exclamation

What a horrible thing to happen!! Sounds like Andy got himself one guardian angel made of steel. My best wishes for a full and speedy recovery to Andy and strength to Deby.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

My very Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I just got back from Camaritto & the traffic atthe interscetion of Hiway 5 & 405 was Horrendous, this at 5:30 AM.
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Andy and Deby,
    So sorry to learn of the accident.
    Andy has helped me a number of times with hands on work and advice.
    He is the very best of a friend to a near stranger.
    If there is any kind of support I can give, financial or otherwise, please call.
    Best wishes for a full recovery.
    Roy

Take care...My families prayers are with you ! ! !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

crazy...

Andy,

As with Leah, don't know you that well - but I know your posts and the help I've gained from them... Regardless, I hope you heal quickly. Sending the best Karma you way!....

p.s. - rest up!

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Yikes! I wonder what difference it would have made if he were in the VX when it happened, although I'd have hated to see that happen to the VX. I am very glad to hear he's still with us! You both will be in our thoughts and prayers.

I understand how it is to try to take care of someone who just can't stand to sit still. :-) My Dad was in a bad way some time ago and we had to make him take it easy, and it's torture for someone who is just always doing something. I don't know if Andy is going to need it or not, but the good thing is that folks like him and my Dad are the kind of people who do really well if they have to undergo physical therapy because they are relentless where other people would just give up and never get back to how they were before. My Dad would have been in a wheelchair for the rest of his life but he'd try to walk around when no one said he should, and it hurt a lot and he'd fall down, but that's how he got his legs back. Stubborness can be good too. :-)

Anyway, best wishes and I hope he has a speedy recovery!

So sorry to hear about this. Send my wishes for speedy full recovery.

John C.

So sorry to hear about Swordy's accident. My heart goes out to both of you, and I hope he gets better soon.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

Hey BumbleV-X

This is Kahuna down in San Diego. My heart goes out to you. I once saw Sheri (wife) in a car accident and I think you have the worst of it. Luckly Andy doesn't remember but you have go through the roller coaster ride on emotions. From the sound of your post you seem to be doing Okay. Give Andy our best and GodSpeed on the recovery!!!

Kahuna (Bobbi)

You're in my prayers too. Don't know Swordy but have seen photos and appreciate many of the same things he does. Slow and steady and listen to the docs. Pain medicaion is a wonderful thing.
    Western North Carolina...
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro
    (I came, I saw, I stuck around)