Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DieselCross????

Man I feel for you...hope everthing works out OK.
    The driver who delivered the Diesel to the wrong tank must have been sleeping that morning. I was under the impression that each ground tank was color coded and had it's own sized filler nozzle. But then again ...what do I know .
    As long as their insurance company is paying the bill for the entire screwup make sure they do it right.If an Isuzu dealership is doing it for you check back often and demand the best...don't accept excuses or substitutes.
    John

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WyrreJ
    I realize this case was wrong fuel in the tank in the ground, but about it being a common enough problem, I always thought that the pumps and the recepticle on the car were mated such that you could only put a deisel nozzle in a deisel tank and the same for unleaded - pretty much preventing anyone from accidently mixing them up... Is that not true?
    The diesel nozzle at the truck pumps is much larger to allow for a higher flow rate, but at the automotive pumps it's the same size and usually has a green cover. Back when regular leaded gas was still available the cars that required unleaded had a smaller fill opening so you couldn't accidentally put in leaded.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

3 weeks and thousands of dollars later

Well... I finally got my Vehicross back from Dick Greenfield Isuzu in Trenton, New Jersey. It took them almost three weeks to fix the damage from the diesel fuel. They allegedly had trouble getting parts. The total bill for parts and labor topped out at about $8,463! That's more than the truck is worth. Can you believe it? My VX runs fine with no real noticeable difference. DO NOT GO TO THIS DEALER FOR SERVICE! I called them every day for an update and for the entire time they said it would be the next day. Then they would find something else to replace and have trouble with the obtaining the part. I'm just glad that I didn't have to pay for this.

Of the 12 cars that got diesel instead of gas, my VX was the last to be fixed and the most expensive. The insurance company called to tell me that the average cost to fix the deisel damage on the other cars was about $350 and took 2 days. They feel that my dealer screwed them over royally. I can't disagree. I need to find a better local dealer for when I'm on the other end of the bill.

Thanks to all for advice.

Wow. Considering they could've put in a new crate engine from Isuzu for less than that I'd certainly agree on your assessment of the screwage the insurance company got. Good on you though for at least getting it fixed out of a pocket other than your own. Did you get any kind of warranty for the work that was done?