Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine dying while stopped?

Hopefully>>>

Usually, It is only an intake leak somewhere. Get some WD 40 and spray around the intake. the motor will speed up when you find the right area.then you can look for the exact place.

FF

My Vx used to do that when it was new. I never did figure out what caused it, but after a while it just quit happening and I haven't had the problem since. Maybe the piston return springs weren't tightened correctly? j/k
    Let us know if you figure it out, I'm betting from the way it felt that it was fuel related, like the computer for some reason was calling for it to idle lower than the motor was capable of. When I If I kept my foot on the gas enough to keep it from dying and then put it in gear the problem it called for a slightly different idle speed and everything would be fine. does that sound like the same problem?
    Andy
    Its the thrill of the chase

any resolution?????

Mine is doing the same thing - dying when you start unless you hold down the gas.

Has anyone discovered the fix for this?
    Trenton

285/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Removed Airbox Elbow, Removed Rear Seat, Trooper Skid Plate, Yakima Load Warrior, HD chromoly tie rods, ball joint flip

Here's to the crazy ones

Mine did this once (when I had one.) It ended up being the fuel pump and regulator.

Terry
    Terry Daniel

Re: any resolution?????

Originally posted by Teckhardt
    Mine is doing the same thing - dying when you start unless you hold down the gas.
    Has anyone discovered the fix for this?
    http://www.geocities.com/endre_rl/isuzufaq.htm

Read number 22. My Rodeo Sport had the same intermittent problem. Easy fix if you have nimble fingers.;eekg;

???????

When I started up tonight, the engine reved to 2K rpm and stayed there. I drove around the block for 5 mins and it went back down.

First it was stalling and now a high idle. What is up???

Yep, mine did similar things. It would start "good" on a cold start, meaning after a night of being parked, it would rev up to 1200-1500rpm. Then drop down to idle after a lilttle warm up, but I think thats normal, the 2000 rpm is kinda high tho.

The main problem I had was after driving and parking it. When I would get back to start it, no matter if 15 minutes passed or three hours, from time to time I would have to crank it over 2 or 3 times, each for excess of 5 seconds, giving it gas actually helped but once it resulted in a back fire, actully had a puff of smoke comeout the intake ;eekr;. The problem died down lately but still popped in once in a while. Finally I saw the info I posted above and fixed it a week ago with a new fuel pressure regulator. No problems since and it starts now the second I turn the key

-Mark

Re: More life to the old thread

Originally posted by Nerfzooka
    It happened to me last night. It's a really quiet stall, while sitting at a stop light. Starts right back up no problem. Outside temp 75, 3/4 tank of gas,oil level fine. 48K miles on my baby, no rough idle, no oil consumption, no fluxuating RPMs, no check engine lights, no warnings. If I find a dirty filter or low fluid level I'll post here.
    It's been six months since that post. Recently my buggy took a little longer to start. Then it wouldn't start at all and I replaced the battery. All is well now. I'm wondering if that single stall in Jan. was a warning of a dying battery.
    I Loved My Space Buggy

Help on this topic please..Anybody find the cause of this happening..have taken it to the dealer twice and they can't find the problem!!

I used to have problem with my VX stalling out from time to time when it was hot out side. I found it was cured by taking off the gas cap and then putting it back to rellieve the pressure of what I'm guessing was the gas expanding when hot. If nothing else its free and easy. Hope it helps.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

me too: idle control switch

Yesterday, my VX stalled after starting. I had it happen once before when pulling to a stop at a light, and also had one case of the engine racing during idle.

The dealer just told me it was an idle control switch/sensor that needs replacing.

With all the reports of this issue here, it sounds like VXs are prone to this problem.