Thread: New toy!

New toy!

Hello,
    I haven't been visiting the forum much lately due to my new toy!
    It's a qtec s100, but it's marketed under at least a dozen different brandnames.
    For me it's the ultimate in modern communication!

Check it out! It's a triband unit so it also works in the US!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

I'm looking for a new phone right now myself, but I can't decide on a model. I am leaning towards a Treo 600, because you get a lot of great features and there are a lot of rebates and special offers now that the 650's are out. I tend to prefer the ones with the qwerty keyboards, although I know I'll probably never use it. The features I'd really like to see:

o If it has a camera, it's gotta be a decent one - i.e. > 1 Megapixel. Do they make them with 3?. Most of those tiny little cameras take tiny little crappy photos.

o A lot of them have flash memory, and some even have expansion slots. I'd like to see one that actually acts like a USB thumbdrive. I think most of them will operate this way with a USB cable, but it would be nice if there was a foldout USB connector so you didn't have to carry a cable around.

o MP3 player. If it has this feature, it should operate just like a standard MP3 player - with a full size headphone jack and plenty of memory, preferably with an SD expansion slot. Better yet, bluetooth stereo headphones.

o User programmable ringtones. Is this feature available? In other words, I don't want to have to pay every time I download a new ringtone.

So if I can combine the features of my cell phone, PDA, digital camera, usb thumbdrive, and MP3 player into one, small unit, I can get rid of all my other electronic gadgets and just carry around my phone. How great would that be?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

This thing has everything you asked for plus more!
    MP3 player
    up to 1gig memory
    1.3 megapixel cam / video , mp3 ringtones
    etc

I'm looking for the reverse - I want the smallest, most minimalistic but high-quality assembly and parts, phone I can find. Absolutely no camera at all (job requirement), just a pure phone in the smallest possible package that is still easy to use.

Buy a pipe! (smoke signals)

XDA II mini

Hi,
    The unit above is sold as XDA II mini here in Malaysia. it's about $600 US but can be bought at about $450 US.
    Cool gadget but too bad does not support SDIO (correct me If I'm wrong)

Ameet
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry

Quote Originally Posted by WyrreJ
    I'm looking for the reverse - I want the smallest, most minimalistic but high-quality assembly and parts, phone I can find. Absolutely no camera at all (job requirement), just a pure phone in the smallest possible package that is still easy to use.
    Smallest I can think of, although it DOES have a camera (so I guess it wouldn't work): Nokia 7280

Something else to consider, taking into account what you are looking for: BlackBerry 7100t or g. Nice phone with many nice features, and no camera! I have a BB 7250 for work and like it a lot (the 7100 is nicer and more "phone"-ish). The 7250 is a little large, but with a bluetooth headset, and the Blackberry Enterprise Server replicating all my Exchange email, calendar, notes, etc., it's pretty nice!

Quote Originally Posted by WyrreJ
    If you are on the cingular or t-mobile network this could be a phone for you by Panasonic:

link: