Thread: Question for those with superchargers...

Question for those with superchargers...

Just wondering since I'm familiar with charger related mods, have any of you tried diff sized pulleys for you charger or alky injection/intercooling? I noticed that some were dyno'ing their rides so in the quest for power I was just wondering what has been tried on the little VX. My grand prix has been turned into quite the beast with some simple mods so I was curious.

Well, mine came with a 4 PSI pulley and it now has a 5 PSI pulley. Many have said that the SC provides the kind of power that the VX should have come with in the first place. I'd have to agree. The "fun" factor is much enhanced since the addition of this mod. It also makes a great conversation item when someone opens the hood.
    Scott

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    The trans has been cited as the limiting factor, so the 5 psi pulley is the highest alpine is offering us. With regard to your skidplate question, some have said the xfer case plate hangs down too low, but does its job, so it's up to you if you want to have a custom one made.

Over 5 psi, you start to get fuel management problems, and there is no simple, standalone fuel management option for our motors. I've looked into getting a unichip, but a custom application is about $ 2000.

I see, I do have an aftermarked PCM for mine but its not really required for some basic charger mods. How about porting on the charger? The Eaton M90 used on gms can be opened up quite a bit at the inlet, the outlet reshaped, as well as the inside ramp right before the rotors can be enlarged and polished. The EGR is usually eliminated and a simulator put in its place but I doubt that would be avaliable for the Isuzu.

Is knock retard an issue for those with blowers or heatsoak? Alky injection has been a hot item on the grand prixs lately since its so cheap and the gains are crazy. Course this usually requires some flexibility with the fuel system so I wasn't sure what was possible with the VX.

Has anyone tried a larger throttle body or porting/polishing their exhisting one?

Sorry if any of these seem like dumb questions. I've just spent more time than money on the GTP and have gotten great results without breaking the bank. I realize that the VX is a whole diff beast but was just wondering what sort of stuff people had tried.