Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DFW, TX Meet - Rallycross

Lost - we had the meeting when he came into town the week of March 22nd and then we went to the Rodeo - you missed about 5 other VXes, 3 even came up from Houston.

Event Schedule

Here are the details for the Season Three Round One April 13th
    RallyCross at MSR.

Registration starts at 10:00am

Tech starts at 10:45am

Drivers meeting at 11:50am

First car out at 12:00pm

I’m planning on leaving my house in Austin around 7am Sunday to drive up - if anyone else wants to caravan with, please let me know. I’ll prob head out 734 to 1431 and then over to 35. Jay, got any good directions for us coming up 35?

Doc's moved

Doc pulled up beside me on I-30, late Saturday a.m. We pulled over to chat. He's moved from over by my house in Ft. Worth to Hurst, Texas...no wonder I haven't seen him on the road or on the Forum lately. He'll by at the RallyCross Sunday; although he's not sure he is gonna run (depends on cost).

After getting back on I-30, a proton yellow VX passed heading the other direction (heading west). Is this anyone from the Forum????? Rob A.

Directions to event

here is the flyer link:

http://www.rallytexas.org/april_rallycross.pdf

I am hearing rumors that this course will be longer than previous events which should let us get a little more speed on course. Might even be a small "yump" on course.

The entrance to the field for the event is actually off of Hwy 171 in Cresson rather than the main entrance of MSR.

Those coming up from Austin could take Hwy 67 off of I-35W to Cleburne and then Hwy 171 on up to Cresson. The field will be on the left just as you are entering Cresson.

$45 to run if you are not an SCCA member - hopefully it will be a good, fast course.

For those of you that may need it, I will provide my cell phone number to you in case you get lost. Just e-mail me before 5:00 tonight and I will send my number back to you. ccaughron@dunaway-assoc.com

See you all there!!!
    Just hope I can beat the now supercharged!!!!!
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com

GREAT turnout - 7 or was it 9 VXes and a couple of new faces! Good to see the Cap’t was still driving well and I think some of the Austin drivers really enjoyed this faster RX thing.

I shot some video but will need a bit more time to render it small enough to post - 250MB for a minute run is a little big but I will dump those to CD for the drivers. Thanks again to all who showed.

Next Texas meet in Houston on Sat, April 26th - come on down.

THe overall count I believe was TEN!!! With the last Kaiser showing up from Houston around 12:00. Glad to see all of you out of towners up here in the DFW metroplex. Guess I'm going to have to get off my butt and join you all down south. It won't be the next one (nose surgery), but soon I promise you all soon!!!!

Thanks again to all who turned up. I had a great time, and ended up winning my class at the RX, and taking home the Championship in the T4S class from last years RX events!!!!

Capt'

It was good to finally meet you yesterday at the RX. Congratulations on the winning time in the class...what was it?
    I think 1:09 was the best time when I left...just curious.

I had a great time, man that is fun. I hope we all get together and do it again sometime. Rob A.

I squeaked the fastest time of the T4S class on my last run of 1.07. My times for the four runs were 1.12, 1.10, 1.08, 1.07. Jason (VX69) was right behind me with runs of 1.14,1.11, 1.09, 1.08 (I believe). The fastest time of the day I believe was the WRX at a 1.04 with on cone, and the fastest clean run was a 1.06. Not positive on those numbers, but very very close!!

Of course Jay weenied out on us and didn't run all day!!! Something about the cones were big and scary!!!!

Originally posted by Cptnmorgan
    Of course Jay weenied out on us and didn't run all day!!! Something about the cones were big and scary!!!!
    Such a funny guy!! Actually since Tone didn't run because of his back I didn't see any real competition to bother with.

I did find the thump this evening, it was one of the new bushings that wasn't tight on the frame - guess I rushed through putting it on. Just glad it wasn't anything serious.

I highly reccommend this mod for anyone who has 30K plus miles or drive their VX hard. I have a very noticable lack of road feedback in the steerring wheel and floorboard now, and it may even have helped a little stiffening the swaybars up. Drives almost like it did new again! Thanks for the find Scott.

Update: since I didn't run I had time to take a few pics.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b33be53b84d9
    Last edited by Jay Dunford : 04/14/2003 at 04:24 PM

posted some pictures

I had a great time as well. While I read these forums as well as Vmag daily, it was great to see the faces associated with the tag names. The day was beautiful and I look like a bright red lobster. It was so worth the trip. The peer presure was just what I needed to pay for two runs. It was a blast and I will remember to bring sunscreen next time. And food, drink, women, wine and song. Woops got a little carried away there ; ) I hope everyone had a safe drive home and I look forward to the next meet I can attend. A special thanks goes out to Tone, Lisa and Jennifer for making the trip that much more fun and special.

Peace out!

They rallycross was great! Thanks every one for coming here are some of the pics i took.

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b33bdf2684d9

Smile 10 VXs

I had a great time meeting everyone. It's good to see what the legend TONE actually looks like.

Let's see, we had 10 VXs there -
    DFW - 4 VXs
    Austin - 4 VXs
    Houston - 2 VXs
    That's a great turn out! The challenge is out there. With the exception of the Moab national get together, is there another state that can beat 10 VXs together?