Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do (Blackout) Tail light Covers exist for VX?

The carbon fiber tail light covers dutchie posted above are by far the nicest I've seen on ANY vehicle, but $300+ is WAY out of my budget for something like that.

I agree with Tone - safety should be a serious consideration when purchasing mods for the VX. As much as I love the look, blacked out headlights and taillights are illegal for a good reason. They're fine for show cars, though!

mbeach - it's hard to think of a practical civilian application for something like that, but it would be fun as hell to hook them up on a 4x4 for some dark offroad fun!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

I purchased a set of the "striped" covers...awesome and really dark. They are available from GTS (Catalog # GTS121962-SY). Still legal in all states and they look just like the ones Dutchie has posted,without the carbon fiber look.
    John

Has anyone tried Night Shades or similar product as alternative to covers???????

Got the GTS smoke covers adn removed the huge GTS stickers but after one week one seems to be coming loose. Anyone had this issue and if so reco a good adhesive that will not harm the stock outer lens but tough enough to withstand the hot sunny weather daily here in FL??

I used the spray on tint and it made the back end look sweet. I masked it up and only did the turn signal and back up light. It looks sweet. I will get pics up for you if you want.
    '99 Vehicross - Daily Driver
    '93 Wrangler - Tank in Progress

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Hope you used the alcohol packet to clean the lens. If so, just keep pressing the spots that are lifting. Mine did that at first , but have been on for a year with no probs.

Agree SGT. I alcoholed the heck out of them before install, but one keeps poping off due to shape issue, just thought of putting some JD weld to hold but afraid it might eat into stock lens..I have been pushing it back in daily for now..They look good specially with those horrible GTS stickers gone. Thanks

Numba1 post a pic please. Thanks

Hey,

Sorry I havent been on in a while. I am going wheeling tomarrow and will be with some buddies who have cameras, I will take some shots then!

hey u live in napa...where u wheeling at?

Hey, I do a lot of trail rides with friend up in Knoxville, and I also go to humbolt a lot too. me and some buddies are planning a trip to Hollister soon.
    when i go wheeling though I take my 93 YJ.

Here is your pic request. Its bad quality but its from a Video Camera.

and the smoked front turn signals

Last edited by Numba1goalie : 08/07/2005 at 02:39 PM

They have a couple of styles on streetbeatcustoms.com. You better check your local laws before buying.

Hobie Hullraiser

Streetbeatcustoms does NOT carry them for the VX. Cheapest I found were at http;//wwautopartswarehouse.com but they are out of stock for a few weeks - they do carry the black for the back and both black and CF headlight covers. They also carry the ugly stick on GTS vent visor and the superior Weathertech model.

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    vxnit,

If the adhesive is separating on the cover side, you might want to try removing the adhesive strip from thr cover and then cleaning the contact area of the cover with isopropyl alcohol, then let dry thoroughly and re-apply to the lens.

Again, autozone has always had all varieties of the gts covers, when I checked last. You have to order, then wait 5 days for them to be shipped.

Here are some better shots with my new digital camera.

Before:

After:

If anybody wants this done, for a small fee I will do it for them provided they pay for matireals