Thread: Gold or Black zinc plated rotors

Gold or Black zinc plated rotors

Anybody know if these would fit the VX? They are listed for an Acura SLX (Trooper), so I assume they would. Gold might be interesting.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33564
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

wouldn't the plating wear off? To prevent rust? Doesn't the constant wear just wipe the rust away?
    Steve

Yes it will wear off on the contact stripe but it will protect the rest of the metal and look really cool. I like the black idea myself but gold Brembos always loook cool.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Thumbs up

Gold rotors with red calipers. Oh yeah!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Funny that this topic came up today. I just spent part of Friday and Saturday last weekend, one by one pulling each rim, cleaning rotors and calipers, taping off, removing each caliper then painting each rotor and caliper with Gloss, High Heat Engine Enamel Black. Big job for sure, also chrome polished inside of each rim since it was off but I am just a little picky about stuff.
    When done your rotor impact area will burn off and leave very clean lines around interior rotor area leaving it very clean and looks good through outer rim. I usually paint mine with High Gloss Balcak Lacquer with clear adn it has always held up on other cars but went with less gloss on the VX.

I Emailed them on the applications of there rotors on our Vcrosses. Here's there reply..Sounds good. (Black or Gold add $40.00).........

Yes, we do. Front and rear will be $149 + shipping please provide your zip code so that we may quote you on shipping costs. Thank you in advance and we hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Kristi B.

TriNET Motorsports

sales@trinetmotorsports.com

(714) 757-4547

Office hours: M-F 9am-5pm PST
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Quote Originally Posted by VXNIT
    Funny that this topic came up today. I just spent part of Friday and Saturday last weekend, one by one pulling each rim, cleaning rotors and calipers, taping off, removing each caliper then painting each rotor and caliper with Gloss, High Heat Engine Enamel Black. Big job for sure, also chrome polished inside of each rim since it was off but I am just a little picky about stuff.
    When done your rotor impact area will burn off and leave very clean lines around interior rotor area leaving it very clean and looks good through outer rim. I usually paint mine with High Gloss Balcak Lacquer with clear adn it has always held up on other cars but went with less gloss on the VX.

hmmm tat sounds interesting. would tat effect braking before the paint is burnt off?

It is nisy til the paint comes off but what you want to do is minimize spraging the area where pad slides as much as possible. I usually just paint all surrounding areas an whatever paint get on rotor comes off via a short drive at good speed and just slightly surpressing brakes on and off periodically to heat them up and take off paint and tada all gone adn quiet breaing again.

Where is Jay Fotos at? I am sure he has done this already. He takes the trophey for mod-king, heh.

I would really dig the gold on a black VX. It would be a nice little accent.
    Last edited by WormGod : 06/18/2005 at 12:59 PM
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I just talked to Vic at "TriNET Motorsports" Along with the Silver, Black and Gold Coating he also has an Army Green color...Very nice Gentleman. I'm in Illinois he's located in Cali, Four rotors (silver no extra cost) at my door insured is $185.80. I'm do for a brake job/Rotors,,now what color????

I'm thinking the black zinc'd and gold calipers for the VX...