Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: JDM stereo instructions translation ??

Clarion unit

Sam,

How much do you want for the Calrion Unit?

Col

As these stereo's are so rare, it is hard to put a guide price on it. As it's rare for the Vehicross, even though you can put them into any vehicle (space permitting).

Put in an resonale offer in. Clarion UK say that the unit is obsolite and not available anymore, even in Japan!

Sam,

First question is are you including the camera? As for price I wouldn't be interested in paying too much as I can buy a new reversing system for around £100. Whilst it would be great to have the same unit, there is no manual for it also whilst it is very rare it is also obsolete therefore if it packs up after a week I'm back in the same boat.
    I'll offer £50 for the head unit and £30 for the camera.

Col

hey my Addzest shat itself the other day, can here the sounds etc ...but no visuals whatsoever, but as the reception for Australian radio was so poor, I've decided to replace it with a local curent double din unit, that tilts like ours except that it has a siingle CD/DVD/MP3 slot, it also has an input for the rear camera...it will cost ~$1800 fitted, but the reception will be heaps better, and be able to play CDs etc..it also has an input for TV should I hook up a digital tuner [more $$s !!]..

Regards
    Dave

Interesting, mine did the same thing, everything works except the screen so your left with guess work for CD's etc. I'm going to take mine out and have a play, I can't make it any worse! This is why I'm not offering any big money for Sam's unit it too could crap out any day being just as old.
    $1800 Aus sounds expensive, have you thought of splitting things up, you can get LCD monitors for around £100 leaving the rest for a good head unit and multidisc player and still have change. that's my next plan.

Cheers Col

Quote Originally Posted by moon buggy
    hey my Addzest shat itself the other day, can here the sounds etc ...but no visuals whatsoever, but as the reception for Australian radio was so poor, I've decided to replace it with a local curent double din unit, that tilts like ours except that it has a siingle CD/DVD/MP3 slot, it also has an input for the rear camera...it will cost ~$1800 fitted, but the reception will be heaps better, and be able to play CDs etc..it also has an input for TV should I hook up a digital tuner [more $$s !!]..

Regards
    Dave
    In Malaysia the price for that 2din unit is about $2000 Ringgit Malaysia so about $730 AUD, but remember it's one of those no name brand from china, I guess. They do look nice. Good Units like kenwood are about $4000 RM are about $1460 AUD.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the factory unit, but If mine craps out, Then I would get the kenwood unit, and get rid of the CD changer at the back. (Not enough space at the back)
    An angry man is seldom reasonable, a reasonable is seldom angry