Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: VA/MD/DC Meet interest?

VA/MD/DC Meet interest?

There seem to be enough of us around to have another meet, so lets see if we can get one rolling.

The dates that have been suggested are the 23rd or the 30th of this month. Any takers? Any other suggestions? Dave&Busters was where we had our last one, but location is up in the air too.

Chime in and let us know.

Ron

I'm interested in meet this summer...

Perhaps. Lemme know. I am usually open on weekends. My VX is pretty stripped down and stock now since I have a 30k checkup coming up but it aint that big of a deal.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Thumbs up Count me in...

I'll bend my schedule around whatever the majority decides. Looking forward to seeing some mods, installed or not, especially the CF hood. See you all there.
    NAVIGATOR

Vehicross Meet

I own a small bar and restraunt here in southern maryland
    I would be happy to host any VX event in the area

sdr
    99 Siver VX

I'd be interested in a Northern VA meet.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

I'm up for a VA/MD meet on the 23rd. I can host at my house/garage if people are interested in tinkering at the meet.

-Tad

My modlist, as partially inherited from Dallas4u includes a supercharger, trans interceptor, lowered seat, wheel spacers, upgraded brake lines, sunroof, etc.

Would love to...

...I will keep watching to see when and where. Right now, both dates are open surprisingly!

Jay

Lightbulb

Hey Ron, How about we do it in Front Royal?

I was out there the other day, my girlfriend and I did the Skyline drive for the first time. It was a gorgeous day so we took her firebird convertible (of course, she let me drive). Is the speed limit really 25mph ? I couldn't help going 50 on some of the down slopes... :yesr:

BTW Both dates are fine.

I might come if you guys promise not to tar and feather me :P
    2000 Black VX 105k

I'm definitely in for the meet. Don't know what time of the day everyone was thinking about but unfortunately evening of 30 July doesn't work for me.

Roy

Thoughts

The 23rd looks like the best time - no objections to it so far, whereas the 30th isn't good for some.

The best location would be something central to the whole area, I think (though I could be wrong). A big thank you to Project Big 1 for the offer of hospitality, but perhaps its too far south? Ditto for Front Royal. Though it would be cool to have in my back yard, and the Skyline Drive is beautiful (its 4 miles from the house as the crow flies - we go every weekend), it might be too far for the Baltimore/DC/MD people. Again, I could be on crack with this - anybody have any thoughts?

How about this - all for the 23rd, say aye. We work on location next. Tell us where you are NOT willing to drive. For me, I'll go anywhere.

Ron

I haven't been to Dave and Busters in probably 5 or 6 years, and it's fine with me. I'm in Fairfax County, so if there's something here that interests people I'm game for that as well.

-Tad

Hi,

I'm a new VX'er. Meet date sounds good to me. I'll be the one holding up my passenger window with one hand and steering with the other.

I purchased my VX about a month ago. Passenger window failed a few days ago. I Discovered ceramic tab that bolts to regulator at bottom of window became unglued. Probably due to the well documented "window binding" problem. I've done the window fix per the posting I've seen on this site...but what kind of glue/epoxy/sticky-stuff do I use to fasten the ceramic tab back on to the bottom of the window? .

I'm also in the market for a roof rack...Any leads?

The 23rd is good for me. I would love to see a whole line of VX's at my usual Saturday Night cruise at Burger King in Manassas, in place of all the late model Mustangs and Vette's, but it may not be convenient for most folks, except maybe those to the west. Also, near Sperryville, on 211 at the base of the mountains of Shenandoah National Park, there is an open car show every weekend. It's a nice scenic drive once you get on 211 and a very cool country setting, with lots of cars and bikes passing through all day long. I only wish I could drive both my VX and my Cobra.
    Last edited by Cobrajet : 07/10/2005 at 04:50 AM