Thread: Latest comfort mod

Latest comfort mod

A few weeks ago I was moving vehicles around in the driveway when I hopped into the VX. I moved the VX but as I was sitting there something was different. The seat was more comfortable. I felt as though I was more centered in the seat. As I sat there I realized that I didn't have my wallet in my pocket. My wallet isn't terribly large (bi-fold leather deal with a couple of cards and a receipt or two) but it was obviously large enough for me to immediatly notice the difference when it wasn't there. I've never noticed any difference in any other vehicle before. The shape of the VX seat though, combined with the shape of my *shame on you**shame on you**shame on you* is such that the wallet is between me and the bolster on the seat base. I not take the wallet out of my pocked and am driving in a much more comfy seat now.

The best part, it's a $0 mod.

-Tad

I have been told that a fat wallet in a back pocket can contribute to all kinds of back problems because of the way it can unbalance your butt when sitting down.

Yea, I'm sure that it can contribute to back problems. What was "surprising" for me about this was that I don't sit on my wallet as some others do. The shape of the VX seat though pushes it against me.

-Tad

RIGHT!!!!

Take it from your VX chiropractor, sitting on your wallet can actually
    twist your pelvic bone out of alignment and cause or contribute to back pain,
    lead to herniated discs etc....

I suggest to all my patients when you go to drive take your wallet out of the back pocket and put it in your front pocket. when you exit your vehicle then rotate the wallet back to the back pocket....,Thus keeing it on your person....I know of guys who have forgot their wallets on the passenger seat or dash upon exiting the vehicle. Not a good place to leave it showing!!!

Dr. Dave
    "MARS ATV"
    NASA's Martian Surface Exploration All Terrain Vehicle Prototype

I always keep my wallet in my front pocket. It is easily noticed when it is not there and I can just pat my hand against my leg and instantly now if it is there or not. If you keep it in your back pocket it is abvious when you goto check for it. And I find it harder for someone to pick-pocket since they are usually deeper. I mean if someone has there hand down your pocket fishing for your wallet you're probably going to know about it.

Plus I have heard of a person that fell and the wallet in his back pocket was a contributer in him breaking his hip.

Oh, and easier to get out when your at the drive thru.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO
    I always keep my wallet in my front pocket. It is easily noticed when it is not there and I can just pat my hand against my leg and instantly now if it is there or not. If you keep it in your back pocket it is abvious when you goto check for it. And I find it harder for someone to pick-pocket since they are usually deeper. I mean if someone has there hand down your pocket fishing for your wallet you're probably going to know about it.

Plus I have heard of a person that fell and the wallet in his back pocket was a contributer in him breaking his hip.

Oh, and easier to get out when your at the drive thru.
    Probably helps with the ladies too!
    "If you're not living on the edge --- you're taking up too much space!!"

^^ Lol!!!!

It's absolutely true. Driving around while sitting on my wallet is usually no big deal, but that is because my typical day consists of going to and from work and maybe running a few short errands. If it is a longer haul than about an hour, like to Ft. Meade for the rallycrosses for instance, being on the wallet becomes rather uncomfortable. A few times my leg has even begun to go numb. I have developed a habit of taking out my wallet first if I know I'll be driving for hours at a time.

As for leaving wallets and such in plain sight, I used to work at the Mayo Clinic here in town and once witnessed a doc's Ferrari F355 Berlinetta with a purse left on the front seat. That's just asking for it.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

I always keep mine between the hump & the passenger seat...stays put & I've been doing it so long now,I just grab it as a reflex on exit.

Wow... I can't believe we're seriously talking about this in the VX Mods section...

I guess my wallet is just way too thin to cause any of these problems. Ha!
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

sorry to interupt the thread.... but is that a modification?
    blue HID head light, custom license plate "GOVEHIX", Pro M mass air flow, black safari light bar from Tone, PIAA 194 fog light intalled, PIAA 550 fog light lamp installed, custom bull bar extention installed, Levoc ultra metal pedal set, Bioharzard sticker at the rear glass, Recaro red cellphone holder and razo steer cover.