Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stupid things people say to you.

Question Stupid things people say to you.

OK... we've all heard them. Now post them.
    I've been called a Bumble Bee, tennis shoe, roller skate, and a "thingy". I've been screamed at and pulled over. My answer is still no when asked if the tent pops out the back. NO, it's not an Extera, CRV, or a Hundai. NO, I did not add the "ISUZU" on my "JEEP". YES, I do take it off road, and no it doesn't have a built in raft. My biggest giggle was when a guy actually came over to me while I was pumping gas to ask if this was one of those new electric vehicle. I get people screaming at me that it's ugly (usually from the sidewalk). A few days ago took the cake though.... some guy in a PINK yes PINK Nissan Frontier had the nerve to yell at me, "YELLOW SUCKS". The nerve!!!!

What do you get??
    Improve the desert.... plant a Sierra Club Member!

I went to a cookout a couple weeks ago that my EX invited me to and she had never seen a VX. She liked it, sat in it, begged to take it for a spin (NO!) and swore it was a new BMW or Mercedes SUV. Since it's been debadged I guess she had no idea. The only way I could prove it was to show her the steering wheel and seats where it says ISUZU. When she found out it was an ISUZU and not some yuppie, brat mobile, she was instantly turned off. "Oh, it really is an ISUZU V-Thing. Well, wanna go and see if everyone is eating yet?" *sigh*

Damned lawyers.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Since I debadged my VX, I constantly have people twisting their heads on the freeway to try and see a front badge. No luck - it's gone too. Even had someone take a picture.

A little mystery is a good thing.

The weirdest thing i have heard is "Dinosaur" Kinda fits, i guess. Funniest thing was my friend laughing at all the people on the highway staring at my car. He was in the back where no one could see him because of the tint.

I have always thought it looks from the front like a Pokemon... Regardless, now, I find everything else looks like a box.

I never get negative cat calls. I don't care what people might be thinking, because it's eye-cathing. The closest things to insults are mistaken identities: RAV4, or that Hyundai tincanthing. The weirdest thing is when people can't see the H U G E Isuzu badge on the back... which I personally like. Those who debadge really don't need to. Most people are blind it seems!

Girls may ask "what does it do?". Why girls ask that question I am not sure, but statistically it's 100%. Weird.

I enjoy the "what the..." look when cornering on freeway clover leaf's, at say 40-50mph, past BMW's, Porsche's, Transcamerothings...

I was pulled over in southern Utah for 94 in a 75 (I had to avoid a Semi which had lost it's breaks on a hill... everything was sorted out when the officer saw what had happened)... and as he approached the VX he just stopped, took a step back, and asked... "what the hell is this anyway?"

My whole insurance broker office staff came out to look at it the first time I insured it with them...

I often have my CB on when traveling, and it's interesting to hear truckers say something to eachother like, "that's an uhugly lookin' cawr..." when I pass them. It shox them when the find I have "my ears on" and can explain it's no RAV4! Then hit the power and blaze away...

Angry

Last night I am at this red light and a car pulls along side of me. Now its around 1am, I'm heading home, tired, so I just causually glance at the car next to me. From the corner of me eye I notice the light changed to green, so I truned back around and started to take off, when I noticed it was green for the turning lane. So I hit the brakes.

This jerk in the car next to me, thought by me glancing at him then trying to take off I was challenging him to a race. So he starts laughing real loud so I can hear him and says..

"You trying to race me?"
    Loud laugh..
    "You're in a f**king Isuzu!"

First of all I was not trying to race him I just misjudge the light, but "F**king Isuzu"?!? That pissed me off.

So I put my ViXen in park and leaned out the passenger window and was screaming "What!!", "What!". Like asking him to repeat himself. I guess I looked pretty pissed because this jerk and his friend didn't look my way at all and said nothing. Their eyes were down and they were silent. All this time the light, our light, was now green.

I got back the car and drove off. I slowed down and let them pass me. Then I got behind them and followed them real close for a while until my turn came up, just to spook them out.

Woke up this morning still pissed.. "F**King Isuzu"?! Don't debadge! Wear your badge proudly. We dont' drive BMWs (what those guys were in last night) or Hyundia's. We proudly bought and love our Isuzu's. Be proud!

I was coming to post my story when I saw this thread. Although normally I get VERY good compliments and looks but there are haters out there. So:

Let your haters be your motivators!!
    Last edited by Panther_Black_VX : 06/22/2002 at 11:18 AM
    Chet - CBA_VX

Even though it's nice to have an outstanding vehicle, there was once when I was slowing down to row of cars' breaklights at a stop light, when I just looked slightly left to see a Hondafull of young lads looking at me/my car... but they forgot to look at the stopped cars infront of them. Amazing what damage a 5mph collision can do. No one hurt, just bruised egos!

Thumbs up thread restarted

This thread needed a restart.

Question Is that Solar powered

Had lady in the drive through make a funny face at me then ask "is that car solared powered? Sure looks like it would be solar powered!"
    3C FORMERLY VX #1876
    www.triple-cs.com

Or here's a new one I heard today,, "Hey honey, theres that car from Jurrasic Park!" LMAO!
    Its the thrill of the chase

I had a student's mom tell me it's like a dinosaur!

Can that thing float on water?
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

The black dildo... lol

NASA really makes cars now?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Just point and laugh HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Ok, here it is.
    Things people say about my VX...
    Few months ago I was at Home Depot with my dad. I was standing between my VX and dad's truck, facing dad and not really paying attention to what's happening.
    There was this guy circling my VX and making faces all around. Finnaly he turned to me and started something like this:
    'This is the ugliest, most worthless piece of s**t I've seen in my entire life. I wouldn't drive it if they paid me...'
    He went on for a good while.
    I pulled myself togheter, smiled with my most sincere smile I could pull at the moment and replied: 'Thank you, but I do not remember asking your opinion...'
    Just to see his face going red was the best reward I could get for a load of crap he gave me... My dad told me later that he was affraid for a moment I would hurt the guy.
    My Other Ride Is a Puma
    www.mwior.com