Thread: Beep Bleep.... Cheep Chirp

Beep Bleep.... Cheep Chirp

My VX's remote unlocking "beep beep" is possessed. It gives different sounds almost every time I unlock the car. It's almost like it has a personality, telling me how it's feeling that day. Usually it's the second beep. Sometimes it stutters, sometimes it changes note, sometimes it sings like a bird (cheep chirp).

I know it's something wrong with the system, but I'm a little confused, cause I thought it was a digital system... which would mean there's something wrong with the computer? Though the problem sounds like an air horn getting clogged with something.

Anyhow, I'm not complaining. I think it's kind of cute. It adds personality to my car. Much better than the monotonous "beep beep" of a Lexus.

So... is anyone else experiencing this?
    Steve

Too funny you should mention this! Mine recently started doing the same thing after it sat for a little more than a month. I figured some condensation or little critters were to blame for the difference.

On a related note I believe it is supposed to beep differently if the VX suffers a bump or similar tamper, so you'll know an event occurred.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Beeper is probably failing - located by / under the brake fluid reservoir wrapped in grey foam.

The VX does not really have an alarm that offers much protection. It has a door / overhead light sensor. If you broke the window and climbed in, it would not go off. If you tried to hot wire or even start it without disarming, I do believe it would sound but there is no starter lockout to my knowledge. It may have some memory and flash the LED differently - check to see if when you arm it without having a door completely shut (it does a long solid tone) if it changes the normal flash rate.

As soon as I started adding interior accessories, I added a real alarm to protect them and the vehicle. Remote start was also mandatory living in TX.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Lightbulb

Mine has done the same thing ever since I brought her home. Sometimes it won't make any sound at all. The lights always blink as they're supposed to no matter which sound(or lack thereof) it makes, so I assume everythung is working. I figure it's just junk in the foam wrapped chirper thingy.
    Here's an idea for you entrapenurial types: aftermarket chirper thingys w/ different or selectable tones. Haven't seen em available anywhere...yet.

Talking

Mine makes strange noises too.