Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any Vxer's in the Lehigh Valley, PA?

hey im living in Allentown. PA so if everyhbody whos around ever want to meet call me up too =)

Wilkes-Barre here too.

Been absent sorry

Hey spike sorry iI missed the invite .Daughter in college. 3-jobs Working 9-days a week. Anyway, Seems there are a few Vxrs here in Northeast Pa. and the Lehigh Valley. Every August the city of Pottsville,Pa. has a very big Car Cruise Usually a few thousand vehicles Would be A good time to gather , Theres also a place for 4x4s in Hazelton ,Pa. called Paragon Adventure Park. See hourds of Jeeps ,Toyotas And those boxy things ,Oh yeah Land Rovers/Range Rovers going there throughout the summer. Theres also a Place in Tremont Pa. called Raush Creek for $ wheel'n.

In August its too long to wait almost a year, we need meet all together sometime before =)

id be game for meetin up with the vxers in the area again sometime soonish

id be game again

Lehigh Valley- Whitehall

Still new to the VX, but loving it. Don't see many in the immediate area, just bought my proton end of November. Had to go to suburban Pittsburgh to find the one I wanted. A meet in the area (even KOP area or north of here) would be of interest for spring.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Wink

King of Prussia was a fun meet back in August...

We could do Valley Forge again...

Unfortunately Kahunaville in Delaware shut down a couple months ago .. so no more Sunday afternoon cars shows to visit as a herd like we did in '04

Maybe we could check out the Pontiac dealer in West Chester -
    Faulkner pontiac ... in the spring they start up their monthy cruise night... (this will be their 11th year)

2nd Friday of every month, april through september.

http://www.faulknerauto.com/en_US/
    click on 'why faulkner' on the right side of the page... and scroll about halfway down
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

that looks like it could be a lot of fun.. id also love to be able to do some offroading, comparing VXs and maybe doin some modding!

hey spike i saw you (or your vx) like a month ago, right near paoli, i wasnt in my vx (in my buddy's blue A4), but still waved.. recognized you by the diff colored horn lights lol

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Yea, I wanna do some mild off-roading as well. But I dont want to drive like 300 miles to do it... Maybe the first/next big snow... we should rally a bunch of owners to go mess around in the stuff...

Oh wow... sorry i didn't catch ya waving.. I just find Audi's to be so non-descript that I dont notice them much.

I work in Berwyn, right near Jimmy Duffy's catering hall... and I live in Newtown Square.. so I am up and down 252 and along 30 a lot...

I used to catch VX4eJr' in his kaiser once in a while before he moved about a half hour farther northwest of here.

Always seems that people see VX's when they arent actually in their VX...

Like 3 weeks ago when I was driving a UHaul up to and around New York City and saw a Proton a quarter mile ahead of me.. but couldnt catch up because i only saw it when I got to my exit on the NJ TPK.

Quote Originally Posted by dave3702
    Still new to the VX, but loving it. Don't see many in the immediate area, just bought my proton end of November. Had to go to suburban Pittsburgh to find the one I wanted. A meet in the area (even KOP area or north of here) would be of interest for spring.
    Hmm.. I just noticed there is a Whitehall near Allentown and another Whitehall near Pittsburgh... Did you drive your Proton through some kind of wormhole to bring it back ?

Did you at least stop at a Quaker Steak & Lube to fill up on wings before you made your return trip?

I'm up for the West Chester meet, i have quite a bit of friends from that area so maybe i can see if they know any good places to go off road. On the list of seeing other VX'ers i think I have seen Elliot quite a few times however like many others I was not in my VX so Elliot if you see someone in a red Mazda CX-7 or red Jag x-type thats me i've honked and flashed lights a few times

Hmm. how do you like your CX?

My dad has been considering an AWD small SUV...

I know he asked me what I knew about the HHR, but I totally forgot about the CX7

We (me and the parents) love it! We traded a 2003 Benz C230k in on it and it doesnt even seem like a step down, performence is very good (can cheerp the tires), we have ours fully loaded with the tech pack which includes the remote start voice navi all that good stuff. We've had it for about 2 months and have no regrets it'll handle all our home depot runs, and it does get looks, my g/f made the comment i like wierd suv's cuz of this and the vx but all in all its very good. the only down side is its kinda bumpy for a Sporty suv but we drive VXes what do we know!

i would reccomend looking into it, when we were looking we had narrowed it down to a murano, xc-90, rdx, and cx-7 and there was just something about the mazda that kept bringing us back. My sister also has a mazda 3 and the service experience for both have been excellent