Thread: Help!!my Orig. Warrant Ends On July 17th! I Need Ext. Warranty Advice!!!

Help!!my Orig. Warrant Ends On July 17th! I Need Ext. Warranty Advice!!!

I need some advice regarding extended warranties!! I live in Portland Oregon and I DO NOT want to purchase a warranty through the Isuzu dealership that has been working on my VX! I don't know where, or, whom, I should purchase an extended warranty from!! Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Thank you!

Laurie

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Hey Laurie,

When I bought my VX in December, I boguht a Quality Guard Supreme extended warranty through the Infinity dealer that sold me the VX. Quality Guard is a Nissan USA program, so I don't know if that's an option for you. Details at:

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,sctid-51085,00.html

I paid $2k for 48k miles of warranty (3 or 4 years?) at the time of purchase. My VX was out of warranty by less than a month at the time, so I knew I needed some backup. It covers virtually every non-wear-and-tear repair for a $100 per visit deductible. I hope I don't need it, but if something B-A-D happens, I'll be covered. I have not had to use it yet, though. (knock on wood...)

Good luck!

Ex. Warranty

Vehigaz, Thank you for the tip!! I have had a lot go wrong! (the water leak, window regulators,peeling stock rims,) So, I must have an extended warranty!!! Should I call my local Infinity dealer and see if they can offer me that warranty you mentioned? Thanks again!!

Laurie

Check with your bank or better yet your credit union. Buying a warranty from a car dealer almost always means you've paid way too much.

Not to drag everyone down but when I purchased my 1997 Jeep Wrangler, before the VX, I purchased an extended warranty from the Jeep dealership. It was a third party not Jeep so it was cheaper. I paid $1500 and I only had one thing that I tried to claim. I had problems with the brakes. For eight months the Jeep was in an out of the shop they replaced pads two or three times turned the rotors two or three times all failed.

They said I needed new calipers so I said use the warranty. The warranty company said "NO! Calipers are wear items." Calipers should not fail at 60K miles and no there not wear items. The definition of wear is; To damage, diminish, erode, or consume by long or hard use, attrition, or exposure. How does a caliper wear? Heat! That is the only thing that can damage a caliper. If you use this logic, among many others your engine is exposed to heat. Therefore, it is a wear item. But the salesman will swear up an down that everything is covered to get you to buy the warranty. Why? He is a salesman and once you sign on the dotted line he gets his commission and it's not his problem. It's the claims department's problem.

In my mind what I took from this is that "non-wear items" is a huge loop hole for anything they don't want to pay. They get your money up front and they are not going to let you have it back. I paid $1200 in brake repairs. Take the money put it in savings and don't touch it. You will be better off.

However, if you still want an extened warranty take the brouchure and read it very carefully word for word. My parents just purchased a new Chevy truck with the "Employee Discount - for everyone" the salesman pushed the extended warranty very hard, but luckly was called to the managers office for five minutes. Leaving the brouchure with my parents long enough to see that on the next page was a listing of items specifically excluded. On that list was half of the items the salesman swore were covered.

Oh and BTW, If you own any Jeep model first sign of needing any brake work go all aftermarket, Jeep/Crysler brakes are bad look around on the net and you will see.
    Last edited by JAFO : 07/14/2005 at 09:03 PM

On a higher note I can highly recommend Braley and Graham ISUZU on hwy 8 in Beaverton. Excelent service never a problem. Ask for Simon.

re: ex warranties

Jafo, You Have Had A Good Experience With Braley And Graham? I've Been Taking My Vx To Them And They Have Been Awful!! I Just Had My Window Regulators Replaced For The Third Time And Now My Driver's Side Window Leaks When It Rains! And When I Had Them Repair My Cv Boots, They Goudged My Custom Painted Mickey Thompson Hub Caps!! And The List Goes On! So, I'm Actually Getting My Ex. Warranty Through Beaverton Infinity, Up The Street. Oh! I Had A Jeep Wrangler(sahara Ed.) And That Rig Was In And Out Of The Service Dept. On A Monthly Basis!! But, The Convertable Aspect Of The Jeep Is Something I Do Miss! But, I Wouldn't Trade My Vx For Anything!

Somebody Is Very Perky This Evening!

Yes, I have had good service through Braley and Graham. Although I haven't been there in probably 8 months now. I even used to take it there just to get the oil changed. But lately I have been doing it myself.

It is supprising to some that the dealership is sometimes cheaper than the Jiffy Lube places.

I too have had my drivers side window repaired there about a year ago. I haven't had any problems with it yet. As far as leaks I haven't had any but then again I have WeatherTech rain guards too.

JDM Engine Failures

Hi People,
    All this engine failure info is a bit of a concern, has anyone had a JDM (3.2L) engine blow up ? Mine is at 75km and is clean running and tight.

I think you are on the right track following the plant of manufacture, has happend with Nissan GrandRoads down this way.

Chees.......