Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New cladding product?

I have used the Mothers product with great results, but it doesn't last long. Gonna look into this product now. It takes awhile to apply anything correctly and I only want to do it once. So...it's this or Line-X.

Thanks for starting this thread.

I gather that I am the orginal experiment here. IMHO the product does just what it claims. It puts up a barrier to fading that lasts and lasts. But you need to have some common sense. For example, the directions tell you to use a paintbrush as if you would be applying it to your house siding. To begin with, clean the cladding very carefully to get all the dirt off of it. Use an old t-shirt and cut it into small patches. Apply the product and rub it on to cover the cladding but not so much as that it's running down the cladding. I used a little as needed to cover and if I missed a spot I went over it later. Once it dries it looks like new cladding IMHO. When applying the product it goes on with a white color and and dries clear over the cladding. Also, it doesn't fade and takes a good deal of abuse. Eventually you will see where it needs to be reapplied (people hitting your car with their doors, etc). Feather it in as if you were painting a patch on a wall. Don't glob it on. It's a commitment from the sense that you won't be using Mother's every time you wash your car like I was doing due to the fading. I go over the cladding to feather in spots from time to time (like once since I first applied it when I posted the original article and it could use another but I'll wait until the weather is better here in New England). This is NOT a product for just anyone. So don't assume I'm trying to sell this on you. I'm (personally) just very satisfied with this product since I don't appreciate the work of applying Mother's and other short term shine products on my vehicle.
    Scott

Crager,

Line-X is final. You'll never need to do anything to it after it's applied.

S

Have you tried Meguiar's #42 Rubber Treatment from their professional line? Beats Mother's hands down..lasts longer goes on easier. Try it.

I think I like the idea of Rhino lining the cladding!!!
    :_drool: It's all fun and games until it can't be fixed!

Meguiars exterior trim detailer has worked very well for me, although it is a lil difficult to find it in stores. Only place I can get it locally is O'Reileys automotive. Excellent product though