OK, first off I should introduce myself... My name is Randy! I have found your site in pursuit of information on the VX as I am considering the purchase of one... if they are worthy... not to be mean... just curious or skeptical.

I am getting ready to purchase a vehicle in the next month or two which needs to be AWD or 4x4. My initial reason for this is that I want to be able to get around in the snow... I just relocated back to the Kansas City, MO area from Florida after four years... and am driving a covertible Trans Am... not exactly a snow worthy car.

I have looked at mulitple AWD cars and have decided that I would really want to have something that is capable of going off-road. My first thought and choice is a Jeep Wrangler... Rubicon! I am VERY familiar with these and have had FOUR other Wranglers in my past... and so I have been leaning this way.

Now, where the VX comes in... my best friend has been in love with the VX ever since she first saw them. She personally has an Isuzu Amigo and so she is trying to get my to get an Isuzu as well.

I like the looks of the VX, but am curious as to their capabilities off road. Can they REALLY handle off-roading? What are their limits? If they are somewhat limited stock, what mods can be done to make them more capable? I would be interested to know what kind of lifts and what not are available.

As a side note, I am curious about the seconds lever on the center console. They are Automatics, right? What is the second lever for? Isn't the torque on demand completely automatic? or is the second stick for that? Anyway, info would be great.

I look forward to reading the boards and learning some new info so I can make a wise decision. I look forward to hearing your input. Don't worry, I won't depend completely on this thread of mine... I WILL READ BOARDS TO CATCH UP.

Thanks in advance.

Coach... aka Randy!