Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Transmission mode switch, right?

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Biju, Im not sure about that. But it wouldnt be the first time that VX parts have several different names. Give Merlin a call.. they could tell you.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Mine has the same problem

I have had mine for over 2.5 years now and about 1yr into owning it i felt this hard shifting between 2nd and 3rd and my lights were dimming (it happened late at night) when u turn the engine off its ok...but it came back every week then every month then disappeared. just last week...it came back...so i pulled over shut off the engine turned it back on and went on with my day...the problem hasn't returned...should i replace the mode position switch? it seems to be a very common issue...

I had same shifting "clunk" problem this morning

I was driving into work and the transmission would jerk HEAVILY when upshifting and downshifting. Shook the whole car.

I also noticed that my gear indicator light in the dash was malfunctioning, and would show "D" when in drive, but would show "R" if I put it into 3rd gear, and would behave randomly if I manually shifted to 2nd or 1st, sometimes blinking the "R" light before showing some other incorrect gear selection.

I stopped at a gas station to think, turned off the truck and put some oil in (since my VX also seems to consume the stuff). Started the truck and everything shifted smoothly after that, and the dash indicator functioned perfectly.

I guess I'll keep an eye on it, check my fuses and get that trans. mode position switch looked at as soon as I can.

You guys rock!

p.s. I've also had the CD player fail, the wiper paint flake off, the power windows stick, the headlight gaskets separate and the idle sensor fail (races or stalls the engine)...but I also have 120k miles on my '99 VX.
    Last edited by gavx : 10/11/2006 at 08:02 AM

is there a nother name for the mode selector switch as i cant find one on the net to buy cheers micknorm

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    is there a nother name for the mode selector switch as i cant find one on the net to buy cheers micknorm
    http://search.mywebsearch.com/mywebs...AA%3D%3D&ct=AR

Hey I found this it may be worth a try. http://isuzufaq.ibctech.ca/range.pdf I had to buy a new one and Isuzu does call it neutral switch. Part NO# for 2000 Isuzu rodeo / Honda Passport … 896 017 5110

Hpoe this helps

I was having the rough shifting as well - replaced the neutral switch as St. Charles called it. That and a transmission flush fixed my issues. Shifts very smooth and is responsive. Also want to mention there is a wiring bundle that comes very close to the exhaust. Make sure it's tied out of the way. Had some melted wires as well which got repaired - could have been causing a short or incorrect data to the computer. Pictures attached. If your going to keep your VX i would have this replaced. I always call St. Charles for parts - they always seem to be nice and helpful.

Last edited by hyperkid : 08/16/2010 at 07:48 PM