Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinions please...

Paid 13,995 for my '99 with 26k the beginning of this year. Found it through Autotrader.com. Had to fly across four states to get it. Did the carfax thing and was lucky that my brother in law happened to be in Miami when I located the VX there. He drove it and was prepared to buy it if I didn't. Very good value for the money. I can't imagine getting any more SUV, looks or smiles for the money. I have had very good luck with Isuzu Troopers over the last 10+ years. The VX appears to be part Trooper and for me that is a good thing.

If you don't mind the hassle of getting the kids in and out of the back seat and can tolerate the firm suspension, you'll like it.

MTCW

John
    John
    99 Silver VX

Well, all of your posts are good information... none of which is new to me. The only thing I had a hard time deciding was what the VX is really worth... I guess whatever someone will pay for it.

I called the dealer back today and told him I was happy with their offer on my car for trade, but I could get a VX with half the miles for the same money. I told him that he could either show me another $1000 on the deal or I would sell my car and MAYBE come talk to him later. He ho-hummed for a couple seconds and then asked when I wanted to come in. I went in and filled out the financial paperwork. I have to remove ALL of my audio/video system from my car over the next couple nights, and then either Friday after work, or Saturday morning, I will be a proud owner of one '00 Ironman Edition VX!

I look forward to saying its mine... not bad for a whopping $3000 difference in price. I'm happy with that and so I guess that is all that matters. Yehaaaw!

Coach... aka Randy!

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm glad everything worked out for you. You will have alot of fun with that truck. Planning on doing any off-roading? Maybe Moab?

RichD
    RichD
    ------------------------------------------------
    ...because vinyl just sounds better!

Yeah I plan on doing LOTS of off-roading... but unfortunately, MOAB this may is outta the question. I'm already taking May 23 to June 8 off to take my son to Sarasota for part of his summer break. I look forward to seeing how capable the VX is off road. I know everyone here has said it is VERY capable, but I just can't wait to see it myself. Anyway, looking forward to getting my hands on it on Friday.

TTYL!

Coach!